Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: What a race!  (Read 1053 times)

Online BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
What a race!
« on: July 20, 2008, 07:22:21 PM »
I don't know if there are any motorcycle race fans in here, but today's MotoGP race from Laguna Seca was one of the best races I've seen in quite some time.  Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner battled it out, exchanging leads for the first 2/3rd's of the race until Stoner lost the rear of his bike and had to recover from out of the gravel allowing Rossi to claim his first victory ever at Laguna Seca.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Trucker
Re: What a race!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:13:28 PM »
Yes I agree the race was incredible.  It reminded me of a race a few years ago where Rossi and Gibernau battled it out until Gbernau got forced off the track into the sand.  Apparently Stoner was upset after the race, calling some of Rossi's moves overly aggressive. 

I don't know how he does it, but Rossi regularly shows that he is the most brilliant of all the current and recent MotoGP crop. Wonder how he'd do on a mountain bike?
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

Online BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
Re: What a race!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 11:35:36 PM »
Stoner is a little man...I think my 3 year old daughter can out muscle him.  I swear they were both going at it back and forth throughout the first half of the race...at one point I swear Stoner was leaning on Rossi's bike down one of the straights so I don't know what he's complaining about. I'd love to see Rossi go to F1.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Advertisement: