Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: boyette ride suggestions  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Find Shelter Roadies

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • E = EFFORT / EFFORT = RESULTS!
    • Aaron Joslin Photog
boyette ride suggestions
« on: July 31, 2008, 05:27:59 PM »
I think we are going to break down and go ride boyette this saterday evening if not this then next weekend. But I was curious on any suggestions? Is it easy to get lost out there? Also any suggestions for trails to aim for with technical sections an not so much just a flat cruise. I have no idea what to expect an would be a bit nice to have an idea of what to look for , keep an eye on etc...
THANKS!

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: boyette ride suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 05:56:58 PM »
I think we are going to break down and go ride boyette this saterday evening if not this then next weekend. But I was curious on any suggestions? Is it easy to get lost out there? Also any suggestions for trails to aim for with technical sections an not so much just a flat cruise. I have no idea what to expect an would be a bit nice to have an idea of what to look for , keep an eye on etc...
THANKS!

You could get lost.  Eyeball a map to familiarize yourself with the place.  The flat stuff is off to the South and East - right as you're headed out.  The more challenging whoops, dips and short climbs are off to the North and East - left as you go out.  It's 2 miles to the first trail; not counting SST which is just .25 mile out of the parking lot and is .5 mile long.  If you choose to ride everything out there you will put in about 23/24 miles.  If you skip the Quadrant trails (NE, NW, SE, SW) to the South then you will get about 14 to 18 miles depending on your route.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 06:21:58 PM »
It is easy to get lost out there, get a map if you can. I recommend riding with someone that has been there the first time or 2 to get the best riding experience. Very easy place to go around in circles. All the new signs out there help alot though, so as long as you have a map you should be good to go.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline chainslap

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Chainslap
  • My Bike: Fuel EX 9.9 29er
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 08:24:11 PM »
If you want to ride the technical stuff here is my favorite route.  You will need a map for sure. Ride in the following order
SST
Loch Ness
Upper Loch Ness
Randys Trail
Spider Berm
North Abyss
half way through South Abyss exit to
Pandemonium
Sidewinder out and back
South Abyss (option of Big Drop at the end )
Golf Cart
Gator Pit
Randys trail
West Meadows
Baby Ness
Double track back to lot With SST

I like to loop N&S Abyss several times... its a blast once you know the trail and let it all hang out.

• Amateur Billy Goat
    • Aaron Joslin Photog
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 08:58:13 PM »
Sounds good! as for other people to ride with , I ride with 1 other person an thats pretty much it. We did get a new rider to start coming out an her first time out at alafia never rode any trails before on a wally world bike Very impressed! so I see her progressing very fast. But Hopefully me an my buddy can make the trip out saterday and get lost! I will probably bring my hand held just in case I need to find my way back haha.

As for the maps I did renew my membership with swamp but was only last night so I do not have the access to all the goods just yet, but a fellow member hooked me up with a map and thanks to you all for the suggestions and routes!
as always its greatly appreciated!

• Amateur Billy Goat
    • Aaron Joslin Photog
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 10:31:08 PM »
So me an my buddy rode your list today as you explained. We got out around 5ish. that storm was creeping up but we headed out anyways, I will have to say that place is pretty awesome I like how it flows on almost all the trails with a slight downhill to it pedaling with a slope not against it its nice!
Big drop at the end of south abyss checked it out from up top of course for a change I was the guienie pig all was good until you hit the transition to flat I wasn't expecting that at all !! thankfully made it through I need to check my nuts an bolts after that.
golf cart what a fun trail to just pedal hard an ride through. All in all my final note on boyette is why have we passed this place so many times on our way to alafia and not been their yet?
Thanks for all the info an the members map helped a lot to go along with your track to follow. Def would have gotten lost without it , we did get turned around a bit but it was nothing major. We ended up leaving at 730 and on our way back the heavens let loose!
Thanks again! and to all you guys that work hard on keeping these trails rideable!
If you want to ride the technical stuff here is my favorite route.  You will need a map for sure. Ride in the following order
SST
Loch Ness
Upper Loch Ness
Randys Trail
Spider Berm
North Abyss
half way through South Abyss exit to
Pandemonium
Sidewinder out and back
South Abyss (option of Big Drop at the end )
Golf Cart
Gator Pit
Randys trail
West Meadows
Baby Ness
Double track back to lot With SST

I like to loop N&S Abyss several times... its a blast once you know the trail and let it all hang out.

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 08:35:26 AM »
I love it there as well. It is often overlooked.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

• Amateur Billy Goat
    • Aaron Joslin Photog
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 12:12:53 PM »
I love it there as well. It is often overlooked.
much agreed on that. Will be making many more visits their now for sure!
and lots of wild life!! pretty cool!

Offline Stumpjumper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 12:50:55 PM »
Boyette is great.  You can get 24-25 miles without riding the same trail more than once, and we are adding more trails.  Just need more bodies to make the new trails while we do maintenace on what we have. It is a large area and easy to get lost.  This coming Saturday is the trail work day and Sunday is the club ride at Boyette.
What was I THINKING !!!!!!

• Amateur Billy Goat
    • Aaron Joslin Photog
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 01:57:31 PM »
Ya thats great , I was suprised at how large that place was. Its real nice out their too! Not the alafia Swamp waters. By the way do you guys use those boats for something that are randomly placed out around the lakes?.
The Saterday Trail work day I could possibly work out I just have to check my schedule for the new week. But if not this trail work day most def. future work days. good old sun , sweat, and work never bothered me.

Also im not sure how your trail days work? do you use vehicles to drive out or haul stuff etc? and tools as well ?

Boyette is great.  You can get 24-25 miles without riding the same trail more than once, and we are adding more trails.  Just need more bodies to make the new trails while we do maintenace on what we have. It is a large area and easy to get lost.  This coming Saturday is the trail work day and Sunday is the club ride at Boyette.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 02:17:15 PM »
Ya thats great , I was suprised at how large that place was. Its real nice out their too! Not the alafia Swamp waters. By the way do you guys use those boats for something that are randomly placed out around the lakes?.
The Saterday Trail work day I could possibly work out I just have to check my schedule for the new week. But if not this trail work day most def. future work days. good old sun , sweat, and work never bothered me.

Also im not sure how your trail days work? do you use vehicles to drive out or haul stuff etc? and tools as well ?

Boyette has gotten to be a nice assortment of trails.  As much as you can do on a hot day for sure.
The workdays we do take vehicles out, but only a few of trail bosses vehicles and assorted back ups that County has info on file.  We caravan out with people and tools to the area's that need to be worked, then break for lunch between 12:00 and 12:30.

The boats - two I believe - belong to the land manager and the over seer of the property not SWAMP.

Advertisement: