Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Trimmed Some Trails at Boyette Today  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Darrinw2001

• At least this is a Healthy Obsession, right?
  • Yellow Jersey
  • aka "The OGRE" - Elite Epic Gonzo Soul Rider
  • My Bike: 2012 Salsa EL Mariachi Steel 29er and 2012 Salsa HorseThief
Trimmed Some Trails at Boyette Today
« on: July 31, 2008, 06:16:53 PM »
Hey Gary and all,

I trimmed Palmetto, Inner loch ness (was pretty bad), and part of West meadow. Did about 2 hours total. I rode randy's trail, spider berm, golf cart, and loch ness and all were good. the climb after the bridge on loch ness to upper loch ness is washing out again, but it is OK going the other way.

Darrin

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Trimmed Some Trails at Boyette Today
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 06:19:43 PM »
Good job! Thanks.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 07:36:12 PM »
Muchos gracias. I think I might take a spin out that there way.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 07:48:48 PM »
Hey Gary and all,

I trimmed Palmetto, Inner loch ness (was pretty bad), and part of West meadow. Did about 2 hours total. I rode randy's trail, spider berm, golf cart, and loch ness and all were good. the climb after the bridge on loch ness to upper loch ness is washing out again, but it is OK going the other way.

Darrin

Thanks Darrin and Ells for your trimming help.  I'm going out there tomorrow, Friday morning, to put up a couple of signs and trim the rest of West Meadow and probably try to fix that edge the hogs chewed up too.  If anyone knows of a spot that needs some attention let me know.  Also, I have room in the truck for a couple folks if you want to come out and help.  Afterwards, weather permitting, I want to ride most of the trails too.

Offline Darrinw2001

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 08:29:31 PM »
I had not rode inner loch ness for a long time , so I was glad to do it. It is a pretty good trail. Yeah I saw that edge you are talking about garry, it was not pretty. The bridge over the creek area was actualy very rideable today I was impressed.  Is that tree going to stay on west meadow as well? it looks like it has been there awhile... 

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 10:51:46 PM »
I had not rode inner loch ness for a long time , so I was glad to do it. It is a pretty good trail. Yeah I saw that edge you are talking about garry, it was not pretty. The bridge over the creek area was actualy very rideable today I was impressed.  Is that tree going to stay on west meadow as well? it looks like it has been there awhile... 

I had not seen the tree on West Meadow that you're talking about, but I will see it Friday.  I haven't had the time to get out there enough, and County has restricted access by vehicle for maintenance as well; that is in the final stages of being corrected hopefully next week.  If it's something I can easily leave as an option I'll look at that, but mostly it all depends on if a trail can be made relatively maintenance free.  Lots of volunteers make that more realistic folks.  hint...hint...hint

Offline Harvey

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 12:25:27 PM »
The tree Darrin referred to on West Meadow is right after Randy's Trail splits off (if riding around Loch Ness clockwise). I cut the debris around it 2 weeks ago to make it rideable, but it's a chainring grinder and trickier if coming at it from the other direction.

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 01:24:12 PM »
The tree Darrin referred to on West Meadow is right after Randy's Trail splits off (if riding around Loch Ness clockwise). I cut the debris around it 2 weeks ago to make it rideable, but it's a chainring grinder and trickier if coming at it from the other direction.

I didn't make it that far today.  I cleared all the rest of West Meadow that was so thick and over grown between Baby Nessie and the curve before the split to Randy's and Upper Loch Ness before the rain came pouring down.  Maybe next time I can make it the rest of the way around.

Offline Darrinw2001

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 02:05:28 PM »
yeah, I stopped right around baby nessie yesterday. Inner loch ness took most of my time since there was a lot of low hanging branches and stuff. That tree as it sits is about 2 inches off the ground making it the chainring grinder it is.  not a very big diameter tree, and could be OK to roll over if it were on the ground. 

Advertisement: