Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Utah Riding  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Rockhopper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
Utah Riding
« on: August 03, 2008, 09:20:27 PM »
Hey -- Looks like I might be headed to Utah in October, either the Cedar City/Zion area or the Moab area, but probably not both. Anyone have any favorite trails in those two areas? (I rode the famous Slickrock Trail in Moab about 15 years ago.) Thanks

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
Re: Utah Riding
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 08:33:25 AM »
The only Utah area trails I have ridden are in Moab. (Porcupine & Slickrock) I've been to Zion but have not ridden there. It is very pretty and scenic. I thought more so than Moab. Octber is a great month for waether there. Have fun.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Offline Rasterman

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 01:08:31 AM »
The club went to Moab a few months ago, here are my pics
http://rasterman.photoshop.com/?trackingid=BTAGC&wf=share&galleryid=911f628bcd924abf821d8a491094e91d

I think Wes is/did make a DVD of the trip as well with vids.  My favorite trail there by far was Porcupine Rim, its 4-5mi uphill and 14mi downhill with some fun drops and technical stuff.  If you shuttle to the upper drop point the trail in was my favorite section, for a little while your tire is literally 5 inches from a 1000' drop, me and one other guy are the only ones that rode that section in the group.  The environment is the total opposite of FL, everywhere you can see for 50 miles in every direction, its all open, very rocky, dry, nice and cool, awesome scenery.

In Moab we did Klondike Bluffs, Porcupine Rim, Moab Rim Trail, and Slickrock.  My least favorite trail was Slickrock, the climbs on that trail are so hard it takes some fun out of it, and with the huge sloping rock everywhere it felt like you could slide off and die sometimes, which people have.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:20:00 AM by Rasterman »
== A.B.C. ===

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 01:32:10 PM »
The club went to Moab a few months ago, here are my pics
http://rasterman.photoshop.com/?trackingid=BTAGC&wf=share&galleryid=911f628bcd924abf821d8a491094e91d

I think Wes is/did make a DVD of the trip as well with vids.  My favorite trail there by far was Porcupine Rim, its 4-5mi uphill and 14mi downhill with some fun drops and technical stuff.  If you shuttle to the upper drop point the trail in was my favorite section, for a little while your tire is literally 5 inches from a 1000' drop, me and one other guy are the only ones that rode that section in the group.  The environment is the total opposite of FL, everywhere you can see for 50 miles in every direction, its all open, very rocky, dry, nice and cool, awesome scenery.

In Moab we did Klondike Bluffs, Porcupine Rim, Moab Rim Trail, and Slickrock.  My least favorite trail was Slickrock, the climbs on that trail are so hard it takes some fun out of it, and with the huge sloping rock everywhere it felt like you could slide off and die sometimes, which people have.

I agree. I like Porcupine the best as well. That is where I broke my seat post though. When I was there it was 114 degrees but still a fun experience. (August)
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Advertisement: