Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: heads ups....  (Read 2256 times)

Offline wildercountry

• First Bike
heads ups....
« on: August 04, 2008, 09:53:54 PM »
Hey everyone,

Just a small reminder to keep all valuables hidden in your car or truck.  Today 8-4-08 my truck along with 2 other cars where either broken into or attempted to be broken into at Flatwoods at the entry station.  They attempted to pop my lock on my new truck.  Luckily they didnít into it.   The other 2 cars had windows knocked out.  I am not sure if anything was taken.   From what the cop told me the ranger saw what happened and went after the guys.  This took place between 5-6pm. The cop said the guys had gone into the woods.  On the drive home on Morris Bridge road I saw 3 or 4 cop cars near the bypass canal near the hole in the fence.  Just thought I would pass along the info.  i am assuming they where lookin for wallets and cash.  sorry if i have posted in the wrong area.
Thanks

wildercountry

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Re: heads ups....
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 10:00:48 PM »
I was parked at the hole in the fence. Nothing was touched over there, but there were cops everywhere. They were wildercountry mentioned and inside the entrance of Trout Creek and there was a Helicopter searching the area.

Offline wildercountry

• First Bike
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 10:02:48 PM »
hopefuly they found the people that did this.  just a great way to start off the week. 

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 10:07:07 PM »
I suspect that as soon as the infared camera was useful, they found him.....Along with a half a million pigs, deer......etc.....

Offline LTS guy

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • VIVA LA LTS!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 11:41:19 AM »
this just gave me an idea....a fake expensive looking cell phone that is really nothing more than a GPS transponder..so when idiots do this..the cops can activate it like a lo-jack and drive right up to the jerks..

DIBS!

When you ride so far out that you hear no traffic, no people...nothing..

zen.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 01:34:47 PM »
this just gave me an idea....a fake expensive looking cell phone that is really nothing more than a GPS transponder..so when idiots do this..the cops can activate it like a lo-jack and drive right up to the jerks..

DIBS!

Most cell phones have a gps function built in to them. You can manually turn that feature on.

Offline Paragonman

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 01:58:58 PM »

DIBS!

Better yet, how 'bout a little C-4 and some nails in the earpiece.
This is gonna hurt

Offline LTS guy

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • VIVA LA LTS!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 04:34:30 PM »

DIBS!

Better yet, how 'bout a little C-4 and some nails in the earpiece.

You tried to buy one of those flamethrowers that mounts under your car didn't you? lol ;)
Most phones do have a GPS system..but police don't have direct access to it...by the time, they get through the red tape, the phone's sim card, and battery have been removed..negating the GPS.

I need to call the lo-jack people and talk bidness. lol

Oh and DON'T STEAL FROM PARAGONMAN! LOL
When you ride so far out that you hear no traffic, no people...nothing..

zen.

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy, Gnarvester of SSorrow
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 07:18:46 PM »
Given the fact that there are some crosscountry runners who stash their keys under tires of their vehicles...I am not suprised that *s like this frequent flatwoods looking for an easy score. 

Offline c-dalerider

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • wishing I could ride more!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 10:15:50 PM »
I was at the hole today and put everything in my camelbak.  Phone, wallet, keys, garmin, sunpass, pennies, and floormats!

(ok, maybe not the floormats)  ;D

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 02:02:01 PM »
I was at the hole today and put everything in my camelbak.  Phone, wallet, keys, garmin, sunpass, pennies, and floormats!

(ok, maybe not the floormats)  ;D

I always carry all of my valuables, you never know when you might have to call  911 and your wife from the trailside, and need you insurance card, and credit card for a copay.. ;) ;)

Offline wildercountry

• First Bike
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 03:38:58 PM »
i heard on Friday that the cops caught one of the four guys that were involved. if i hear anything else i will pass it along....

Offline wildercountry

• First Bike
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 10:11:29 PM »
just to update things.

the person who they caught has been releaed from jail.  he was release on 9-11-08 @ 9:05am.  he spent 37 days in custody.    he got mostly probation and 50 hrs of COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS. from reading the court records it was a plea deal. 

i just wish he would have gotten more time.  this was his 4th time being arrested and he is only 19 years old.

if hear anythings else i will post it along.

thanks

wildercountry

Offline ECFoecking

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 10:44:13 PM »
Not sure if it is related or not but when I met my sons at Trout Creek this afternoon, there was a sheriff at the main parking lot and another in the Hole in Fence parking lot.  That was around 2:00 P.M. this afternoon.
Eric

Words can be your friends if you choose them wisely

Advertisement: