Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Alafia today tuesday da 12'th  (Read 2519 times)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Alafia today tuesday da 12'th
« on: August 12, 2008, 09:09:37 PM »
Put in 10 miles today . Did  a mad scramble in order to get to the trails before any of the rain came in.  Don't think the rain ever made it. Anyways, rode Moonscape for the first time since like April and it was  great. All the clay was dry so no problems there. There is  a lot of twigs and branches and rocks and minor hog  damage as well as low branches, all mixed in with new rainwater  wash-out roots and drops  that added  an element of rustic  charm and technical challenges which made the ride really nice. It looks like not too many people have been riding it and I just wanted to say thanks, because the lack of riders   together with mother nature has  shaped it into a more challenging trail. Cleaned it all, no dabs anywhere except for my nemesis  at the entrance to Doom.  Ventured over onto Shelleys Loop also for the first time. My suspension saved my ass as I hit some of those ledges with a little too much forward leaning inertia which could have sent me flying.  All trails were dry except for big mud  before the climb leading to Doom. Trails hit were Rollercoaster, Moonscape, Doom, Northcreek and Poop Loop, Shellys Loop, Bridges and Sandpine. Cool Breezes out there this evening!  ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Alafia today tuesday da 12'th
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 09:29:50 PM »
Moonscape is awesome right now IMO! Makes you stay on your toes all the way through, no gimmies anywhere. The entrance to Doom isn't bad, ya just gotta know the line! ;)
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 09:12:21 AM »
trails are in really nice shape right now!!

Offline kerbouchaud

• Huffy Rider
  • My other ride is Yo Mamma!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 08:52:53 AM »
Are Doom, Franks Loop and Shelly's loop just names of sections on the trails or are they independent offshoots? I've never seen them on the maps that they hand out at the gate. Just wondering if I've been riding them all along without knowing it or have I been missing out on something?
Just Throw $$

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 09:10:29 AM »
Are Doom, Franks Loop and Shelly's loop just names of sections on the trails or are they independent offshoots? I've never seen them on the maps that they hand out at the gate. Just wondering if I've been riding them all along without knowing it or have I been missing out on something?

They are offshoots from the different trails "Doom" is in the back of Moonscape, "Franks Loop" is between River Loop and Rock Garden as is "OAF" (option after Frank's), and "Shelly's Loop" is after the "Horseshoe" on the front part of Bridges shortly after leaving the parking area.

Art doesn't like to have too have names on the map.

Offline kerbouchaud

• Huffy Rider
  • My other ride is Yo Mamma!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 10:54:29 PM »
Maybe a nice sign at the end of the loop that says "you just got your * kicked by (insert loop name here)"  ;D :D
Just Throw $$

Advertisement: