Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Thursday night urban assaults?  (Read 3623 times)

Offline Forum Manager

• Administrator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Use the big ring!
    • SWAMP Mountain Bike Club
Thursday night urban assaults?
« on: November 16, 2006, 09:30:38 AM »
Rick says:

For all those swampers interested in keeping the holidays from increasing the waist line, I will be doing an urban assault bike ride in the Tampa/ St. Pete area on Thursday nights, this Thursday (Nov 16th, 2006) starting from Davis island tennis courts parking lot, future rides can be at the west side of the Gandy bridge, or any other location suggested.

Meet at 6:30, ride by 7:00. Let me know if you're coming so I know who to expect.
Thanks, Rick 941-284-1432
Are you a SWAMP Mountain Bike Club member? Ride Guide?
If so, use the Personal Message link to the left, under my name, to send me a PM about upgrading your forum account to SWAMPer or Ride Guide!
Please remember to include your first and last name and when or how you joined SWAMP.

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
Re: Thursday night urban assaults?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 11:35:29 AM »
From Ken,
       Time permitting I might be interested in night ride. I live in Clearwater so the west side of the bay would be great. I also had an idea about the Christmas nights night ride. I thought maybe we could add a ride in Clearwater. We could meet at the harborview center in downtown Clearwater (enough parking) and ride over the new bridge, across the causeway to Island Estates and the beach to check out some lights. Lots of lights on Island Estates but not so much on the beach but there's plenty of places to stop and hydrate. Frenchy's,Sheppards, and several other places also.We would expand our range that way and maybe introduce some new people  to the Swamp Club!
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
Re: Thursday night urban assaults?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 10:44:33 PM »
Might not be a bad idea to get an urban ride in over on the other side of the bay once in a while, there is some pretty cool stuff to ride in the clearwater or st pete area....

i think that ken might be on to something here. it would be nice if we could get more than one night ride a week scheduled. and maybe starting a bit later to allow people to get out of work and get there....  i dont know it's just a thought...

-Bob   :D
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Advertisement: