Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Changing stanzed tires  (Read 1240 times)

Offline chainslap

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Chainslap
  • My Bike: Fuel EX 9.9 29er
Changing stanzed tires
« on: August 21, 2008, 06:10:20 PM »
Warning: this thread is not about weather you do or do not like tubless!  We have beaten that horse to a bloody pulp.   ;D
I change tires quite often and use stans to seal non UST tires.  Assuming that I am putting a tyre that has been previously sealed back on the rim, what is the appropriate amount of sealant to use?  When I dismount them, I recycle as much fluid as possible, wipe off the residual sealant and hang them to dry.  I want enough in the tire to be good to go for 2 to 4 weeks max without adding to much weight or wasting fluid.  Currently I have been using about 3/4 of a scoup and have stans rims with yellow tape only. 

Anthem1

Re: Changing stanzed tires
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 07:32:20 PM »
I think you are good with a single scoop, that's what I put in the weight weenie set up. The trail set up get's 2 full scoops. Not sure I would trust recycled fluid from your old setup over the cost of refreshing with new juice tho :)

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: Changing stanzed tires
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 09:26:17 AM »
I don't wipe mine off.  If there are big gunk of dry sealeant flotting around, I do get rid of those but I don't wipe them for fear of peeling off what the stans already patch for me.  I do not reuse any fluid.  I hang my old itre and let the fluid stay there.  If I reuse that tire I add to it if it still whitish.  If too brownish, then I throw it out and put new one. but again, i don't wipe the tire off.  I fearly new to stans though.  ;)

Advertisement: