Author Topic: Alafia Trail Conditions Aug 28  (Read 2894 times)

Offline obelisk29

• SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
Alafia Trail Conditions Aug 28
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:44:38 PM »
I rode alafia today, I did North creek, bridges, roller coaster back to north creek. It was awesome except for the fact that all the rain has eroded A LOT of things. Some root crossing now look like log crossings and alot of drops with root shelves are now root cliffs. It makes all the trails alot more technical and exciting if you like abusing yourself ;)

North Creek has changed quite a bit due to rocks poking out of the ground and major roots exposed. Bridges 2'nd drop is pretty intense due to the mini drop off the root at the bottom and the huge gap dirt to root on the climb. On Roller coaster I felt like I had to watch my speed alot more coming into the drops because I didn't know what to expect. Roller coaster also had muddy spots on the flat areas, there were none on the drops except on that one mini drop and climb that goes under the tree, but there is always mud there.

I wonder what art is gonna leave and what he's gonna fill in on this coming workday. Because mother nature just made all the trails alot more difficult to maneuver.
Live free, Ride hard!

Offline Find Shelter Roadies

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • E = EFFORT / EFFORT = RESULTS!
    • Aaron Joslin Photog
Re: Alafia Trail Conditions Aug 28
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 11:30:36 PM »
There is a section in Roller coaster later on in the trail that is like a brick wall... it was do-able not to long ago, tough... but do-able.. Now its literally a wall on the trail I think only a trials biker could hop it. I love rollercoaster though lots of fun and pretty flowy!!

Offline obelisk29

• SWAMP Club Member
  • First Bike
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 12:19:56 AM »
Are you talking about the second hard option on roller coaster?
Live free, Ride hard!

• Amateur Billy Goat
    • Aaron Joslin Photog
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 12:31:09 AM »
I don't think so maybe though... I wanna say its after the 2 options.. but if anything might be on the 2nd towards the end... their are a pile of sticks off to the left. If you ride roller coaster you can't miss it (unless it is on the harder trails and you don't ride them..) It hasn't always been their...

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 06:08:29 AM »
somthing not doable on rollercaoster? ??? Is it on some of the new addition with a big mud puddle at the bottom?

Offline jdk

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • I LIKE BIKES
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 06:29:53 AM »
There is a section in Roller coaster later on in the trail that is like a brick wall... it was do-able not to long ago, tough... but do-able.. Now its literally a wall on the trail I think only a trials biker could hop it. I love rollercoaster though lots of fun and pretty flowy!!

I know what you're talking about, that was just recently added to rollercoaster. You just have to get some speed to clear it. The first time I tried it made it all the way up and then fell back down  >:(

^Me, while riding a Turner.

Offline Pariah

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 11:38:15 AM »
I know exactly what you're talking about, it is after the 2nd hard option.  This is a a climb akin to the one on Pandamonium at Boyette - you have to know its there and you have to attack it just plain out aggressively commit and go...this is not a sit and spin climb. It is like a wall...but then again rollercoaster is a black diamond.
WARNING  This document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2778, et seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended (Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401 et seq.). Violation of these export laws are subject to criminal penalty

Anthem1

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 01:20:23 PM »
Pandamonium's climb is right after a blind sandy 90 degree turn, the climb on roller coaster has a nice run in so you can carry plenty of speed.

• Amateur Billy Goat
    • Aaron Joslin Photog
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 02:47:53 PM »
We hadn't rode roller coaster in over a year an since we got back on our weekly rides again finally made it out to roller coaster and the first run was fine I got it carried on until my buddy went to hit it and fell back in the sticks..
couple weeks ago it was def steeper.. Not sure about this taking runs at it as if their is a climb to it haha its like a wall you have to pop your front end up to the top an lean on the front force your nose forward pulling your tail to the top, thats the only way I could even come close the 2nd time...
 I guess errosion doesn't help it either but keeps things interesting... weird section.