Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Hello everyone...  (Read 948 times)

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
Hello everyone...
« on: September 02, 2008, 01:30:25 PM »
Hello everyone, I have been a swamp club member for a few months and have been riding Alafia religiously. I just have never posted on these forums. I felt it was best to read over what is already here and listen to the overall theme.

In any case, I am curious about something. Do you ladies/gents still ride the upper ridge route of moonscape that runs roughly parallel to the trail below it? It has a couple of up and downs and an interesting rocky obstacle. More specifically I am wondering your technique for the last rocky downhill portion before it launches back up the other side and out of the trail.

Thanks,
Kris (Riding a green Kona Stinky Primo)

We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline eclark

• Cycling Sherpa
Re: Hello everyone...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 02:56:59 PM »
thats one of my favorite parts of the park.  you can just roll the entire thing or launch from the last or 2nd to last ledge drop.  dropping the last ledge isnt bad, be ready to make the rightish turn going back up, i tried the one above that once, it didnt go too well for me.  i have not been on this in 2 weeks though, it may be more washed out now.

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
Re: Hello everyone...
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »
I made the mistake of hitting the front brake on the first drop....lets just say I went flying. I normally don't have trouble because the loop on bridges and rock garden give me no problems, but this one did. Perhaps I will just come at it with so much momentum that either a) I will crash in a very fantastic manner or b) glide right over it....

I would jump from the second ledge to the bottom, but there isn't a large enough gap for me to bunny hop...at least for me anyway. However, I could try that as well. I will more than likely be out there early this Saturday doing it repeatedly until I get it right. I did that with the bridges loop until I did it 10-15 times and was doing every route on the downhill. :)
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Advertisement: