Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Flatwoods Trail closing 9/4/2008  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Flatwoods Trail closing 9/4/2008
« on: September 03, 2008, 08:26:44 PM »
There will be a controlled burn conducted at Flatwoods tomorrow so the following trails will be closed tomorrow 9/4 and at least part of the day on 9/5:

Trail # 26 (entry near the Y) through 34.

You may access the remaining trails by riding the double track on the south side of the paved loop.

Anthem1

Re: Flatwoods Trail closing 9/4/2008
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 09:24:28 PM »
Hey, what's up with the closed sign on washboard? I rode the loop today from Trout Creek backwards, that is I came from Heartbreak only to see the sign as I finished the trail :o Is Washboard closed too? If so signage at the other end should be put up :)

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 09:28:30 PM »
Hey, what's up with the closed sign on washboard? I rode the loop today from Trout Creek backwards, that is I came from Heartbreak only to see the sign as I finished the trail :o Is Washboard closed too? If so signage at the other end should be put up :)

Washboard was closed, Heatbreak was not. The entrance to both sides of Washboard had signs (powerline side and main trail side), but they didn't post them were Heartbreak and Washboard meet.

I did recommend to Eddie tonight, that Washboard be opened back up, it was almost completely dry last night.

Anthem1

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 09:31:06 PM »
Yeah, it was in great shape :) I only saw one mud puddle somewhere in the middle of Flatwoods. If anything it may have been a little to dry, the sand is starting to show up :o

Advertisement: