Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Firewood for FTF?  (Read 1104 times)

Offline jc

• First Bike
Firewood for FTF?
« on: September 08, 2008, 01:26:40 AM »
Heya guys, a bunch of us are going to be over there for the FTF in Nov. Do you know anyone local that would sell firewood for the weekend? Would prefer not to have to lug a ton of firewood up from Ft. Lauderdale.  I know at the Santos FTF there is a guy that drives around selling the stuff. Or am I being too hopefull??

Offline SamW

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
  • SWAMPER
Re: Firewood for FTF?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 08:15:43 AM »
Last year someone was selling it at the campground. but not every camp site has a camp fire ring, so if you arrive late on Friday you might not get a site with a ring. I believe that you can buy a ring and bring it along with you that way you get to have a fire regardless.
Addicted to MTB

Offline RKL

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 06:21:36 PM »
There's a new exotic beetle pest of bay trees that spreading a deadly fungus throughout the Carolinas, Georgia and north Florida.  As a result, many state parks will not allow you to bring in wood for fear of spreading the beetle - which is probably going to end up killing all bays as there is currently no way to stop it & it is 100% lethal.  You might want to check with the park - but my prediction is they are not going to want anybody to bring in firewood.

Offline jc

• First Bike
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 07:36:16 PM »
Well a ton of us are going to be there on Thursday night so we should be able to get a fire ring. As to the bettle thing, I'll call the park, but the after ride fire is a tradition I would hate to have to pass up on. Some of the best FTF momments happen around that fire.

moleminiman

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 06:41:02 AM »
The Park sells wood...........there was a guy selling it last year that went around to each camp site.  we had plenty of wood, so to answer your question I wouldn't lug wood all the way over here just bring some cash and you'll get your fire wood.

Advertisement: