Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Dinner at the Columbia  (Read 1283 times)

Offline kristyleigh

• Huffy Rider
Dinner at the Columbia
« on: September 10, 2008, 05:25:03 PM »
See attached!

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: Dinner at the Columbia
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 08:04:25 PM »
Kristy,
Great idea.  Because of the date, I will not be able to attend.  Is there another way we can contribute to it?  Has the memorial scholarship been registered with the USF Foundation?  If it is, any USF current donor can request part of their donation be diverted to that scholarship.  Let me know please. 

Also, is the team going to the Hilly 100 this year?  would love to ride with you all there...

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Trucker
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 08:19:46 PM »
i attended the 1st meeting of the cycling team - kristy were you there?  i was the idiot asking all the questions. 

sandpine - according to what i learned at the meeting, the team is committed to the hilly hundred
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 08:24:37 PM »
i attended the 1st meeting of the cycling team - kristy were you there?  i was the idiot asking all the questions. 

sandpine - according to what i learned at the meeting, the team is committed to the hilly hundred
Anything special for the 1 year anniversary?  I still remember it like it was yesterday.  I talked to Josh at the SAG before the accident.  I took a shorter route to parking lot and they went on to a longer route.  I hope the team at least plans on a ride together thing.  I hope you (mike) have your road bike by then.  Training at San Antonio is the best for climbing and endurance around here.

Offline kristyleigh

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 07:24:35 AM »
Marcel- The fund has been set up through USA Cycling to ensure it's longevity. The University would have pooled the money in the general fund if anything happened and there was no longer a cycling team (which happened in the 90s). So we wanted to make sure this was something that would outlive the team. Donations can be sent to the USA Cycling Development Foundation with Josh Kuck Fund in the memo. ( All donations are tax deductible).
There currently isn't anything planned for the anniversary. Josh's parents will be here for the dinner and Bike Bash but will be leaving the day before. We tried to plan this dinner around it, give everyone something positive to focus on.

Mike- I was not at the meeting. I am no longer on the team due to an overloaded semester (19 hrs, somebody shoot me) and because I will not be here next semester during the racing season.

Advertisement: