SWAMP Community Forums
October 26, 2008, 08:17:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

History Commands

[Yesterday at 06:14:23 PM] bikehard: jdk u can t hitch a ride if you change ur mind

[Yesterday at 06:16:00 PM] jdk: It would be monumentally stupid 

[Yesterday at 06:16:02 PM] jdk: for me to go

[Yesterday at 06:16:27 PM] jdk: I know I shouldn't

[Yesterday at 06:16:38 PM] bikehard: u still sore?

[Yesterday at 06:17:29 PM] jdk: oh yeah.. I bruised a rib

[Yesterday at 06:17:39 PM] bikehard: yeah, i would probably not go

[Yesterday at 06:17:45 PM] bikehard: let that sucker heal

[Yesterday at 06:18:37 PM] bikehard: aight, I'm out for now , dinner w/ the wife / be back later

[Yesterday at 09:32:06 PM] mksandoz: good luck to all racing FSC at Alafia tomorrow!!! reprasent SWAMP!

[Yesterday at 09:36:25 PM] BillT: good luck to all those racing tomorrow...make that home field advantage count!

[Yesterday at 09:55:43 PM] jdk: good luck ladies and gentlemen

News: Alafia Trail Map available to SWAMPers!
The July 2008 trail map is available in the Trail Maps section.  You must be a SWAMP Club Member to view the additional map boards.

Forum Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alafia Trail Conditions Aug 28  (Read 785 times)
obelisk29
SWAMPer
First Bike

« on: August 28, 2008, 09:44:38 PM »

I rode alafia today, I did North creek, bridges, roller coaster back to north creek. It was awesome except for the fact that all the rain has eroded A LOT of things. Some root crossing now look like log crossings and alot of drops with root shelves are now root cliffs. It makes all the trails alot more technical and exciting if you like abusing yourself Wink

North Creek has changed quite a bit due to rocks poking out of the ground and major roots exposed. Bridges 2'nd drop is pretty intense due to the mini drop off the root at the bottom and the huge gap dirt to root on the climb. On Roller coaster I felt like I had to watch my speed alot more coming into the drops because I didn't know what to expect. Roller coaster also had muddy spots on the flat areas, there were none on the drops except on that one mini drop and climb that goes under the tree, but there is always mud there.

I wonder what art is gonna leave and what he's gonna fill in on this coming workday. Because mother nature just made all the trails alot more difficult to maneuver.

Live free, Ride hard!
Find Shelter Roadies
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

E = EFFORT / EFFORT = RESULTS!

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 11:30:36 PM »

There is a section in Roller coaster later on in the trail that is like a brick wall... it was do-able not to long ago, tough... but do-able.. Now its literally a wall on the trail I think only a trials biker could hop it. I love rollercoaster though lots of fun and pretty flowy!!

obelisk29
SWAMPer
First Bike

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 12:19:56 AM »

Are you talking about the second hard option on roller coaster?

Live free, Ride hard!
Find Shelter Roadies
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 12:31:09 AM »

I don't think so maybe though... I wanna say its after the 2 options.. but if anything might be on the 2nd towards the end... their are a pile of sticks off to the left. If you ride roller coaster you can't miss it (unless it is on the harder trails and you don't ride them..) It hasn't always been their...

chiselchest
Ninja Master Cyclist

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 06:08:29 AM »

somthing not doable on rollercaoster? Huh Is it on some of the new addition with a big mud puddle at the bottom?
jdk
SWAMPer
Huffy Rider

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 06:29:53 AM »

There is a section in Roller coaster later on in the trail that is like a brick wall... it was do-able not to long ago, tough... but do-able.. Now its literally a wall on the trail I think only a trials biker could hop it. I love rollercoaster though lots of fun and pretty flowy!!

I know what you're talking about, that was just recently added to rollercoaster. You just have to get some speed to clear it. The first time I tried it made it all the way up and then fell back down  Angry

08 Black Turner 5 Spot
MTB name: Sir Rides a lot
Pariah
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 11:38:15 AM »

I know exactly what you're talking about, it is after the 2nd hard option.  This is a a climb akin to the one on Pandamonium at Boyette - you have to know its there and you have to attack it just plain out aggressively commit and go...this is not a sit and spin climb. It is like a wall...but then again rollercoaster is a black diamond.
Anthem1
Cycling Sherpa

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 01:20:23 PM »

Pandamonium's climb is right after a blind sandy 90 degree turn, the climb on roller coaster has a nice run in so you can carry plenty of speed.
Find Shelter Roadies
SWAMPer
Amatuer Billy Goat

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 02:47:53 PM »

We hadn't rode roller coaster in over a year an since we got back on our weekly rides again finally made it out to roller coaster and the first run was fine I got it carried on until my buddy went to hit it and fell back in the sticks..
couple weeks ago it was def steeper.. Not sure about this taking runs at it as if their is a climb to it haha its like a wall you have to pop your front end up to the top an lean on the front force your nose forward pulling your tail to the top, thats the only way I could even come close the 2nd time...
 I guess errosion doesn't help it either but keeps things interesting... weird section.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: