Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again  (Read 5377 times)

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
Well based on my dismal performance at Dauset I thought that maybe I could put in a similarly dismal performance at Pine Log.  I just signed up for the 12 hour so I could further demonstrate how totally out of shape I am.  Except this time I can be dismal in the dark.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
hell yes - it is on

having all the bottles full (of anything other than acceloraide) ahead of time is vital.

and a fruit cup - haha

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Well based on my dismal performance at Dauset I thought that maybe I could put in a similarly dismal performance at Pine Log.  I just signed up for the 12 hour so I could further demonstrate how totally out of shape I am.  Except this time I can be dismal in the dark.

LMAO!!

I started working on my wife about this as you guys were driving away. I will let you know if she will let me come out and play. :P

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
she will let you go....  :)

Offline Paragonman

• Clipless Mountain Goat
Hmmmm.. the 18th is a good weekend for me. Looks like a fun race. Might show up.
http://www.active.com/page/Event_Details.htm?event_id=1623081&assetId=6aa1529e-48b8-45e4-94c0-0caa33c07739
This is gonna hurt

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Trucker
I'm in.  Gotta get some lights now.

Carpool, anyone?  I've got $$ and can cook up a mean batch of JENKEM.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 02:33:55 PM by mksandoz »
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
I'm in.  Gotta get some lights now.

12 hour solo?

man - seems like a lot of you shifty types are getting in this - there goes the neighborhood

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie

12 hour solo?

man - seems like a lot of you shifty types are getting in this - there goes the neighborhood

Wahhhh!!
 :'( :'( :'( :'(

Yes 12 hour solo.  But if it makes you feel any better I haven't been on my mtb since the 8 hours.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Add me to the carpool list...  If you have a 2in hitch for four bikes and at least one roof rack (Sean's?), I have comfortable room for Five peeps, five bikes, and gear for five on my Armada tank.  As long as not all of us have 5 big coolers.  I will have one semi big.  Need room for my MASSIVE collection of bottles.

No Jenkem please....

Oh, does anyone have a decent cheap hotel close by to stay?  I would love to camp instead but I know some of you can't do it for fear of the woods monsters lurkin in the dak...  ;D

Forrest,
Will you be back in action by then?  Can I borrow your trailer?  If I can get Forrest's trailer, I will have room for 8 peeps!!! gear and all.

Lastly:  Tampa departure will be 10am on that Friday.  Plelnty of time for Morrison's and Greg's bathroom breaks.  Take the day off from work now!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 10:23:37 AM by SandPine »

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
Seeing how you guys performed at Dauset I have to rethink my "base miles" and skip this so not to embarass myself ;D ;D ;D

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 10:33:33 AM »
Seeing how you guys performed at Dauset I have to rethink my "base miles" and skip this so not to embarass myself ;D ;D ;D
Considering my newly found superstar status and all the top dagws now gunning for me ;D  , I need some help on the pits.  Anyone interested?  Free hotel room and gas money but buy your own food.  You can even  bring your bike to fool around a bit.  Besides, I am going to need the extra advantage to keep after SquirrelGoneWild SuperJetzMike and all the Leroy Jenkems......  Anyone?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 10:36:35 AM by SandPine »

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
Re: If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 10:38:58 AM »
Considering my newly found superstar status and all the top dagws now gunning for me ;D  , I need some help on the pits.  Anyone interested?  Free hotel room and gas money but buy your own food.  You can even  bring your bike to fool around a bit.  Besides, I am going to need the extra advantage to keep after SquirrelGoneWild SuperJetzMike and all the Leroy Jenkems......  Anyone?

you are the last one that needs help in the pits....I am the one that needs help in the pits.....my slow pits gave you 3/4 of a lap advantage by hour 6

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 10:46:05 AM »
Considering my newly found superstar status and all the top dagws now gunning for me 

Does this mean that anybody that beats you is a superstar? 

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 10:54:20 AM »
Whoever has the best race at PineLog gets the SuperStar Leroy Jenkem award!    ;D  But seriously, we do need pit help.  Again, I will pitch in for that person(s) room and gas money if you want to hang at the pits for us.  Bring your own beer and pay your own food.  Is party time!

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 11:03:21 AM »
I don't mind camping, especially if it's free.  I have a nice tent that can sleep 3-4 people. 

This race I hope to spend significantly less time in the pits.  At the 8 hours, I spent over 30 minutes in the pits, and had I spent only 15 or so, I think I would have been able to do an 8th lap. 

Treadlight - wtf are you talking about with base miles, who cares.  Stop making excuses and race :P

Advertisement: