Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Hey you! YES, you... RIDGELINE and Boyette need you.  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Hey you! YES, you... RIDGELINE and Boyette need you.
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:52:34 AM »
Time to makeup  on the Trail Karma....  See you all there this Saturday!!!

On Sep 22, 2008, at 10:52 AM, Wes Eubank <weseubank (at) verizon (dot) net> wrote:

We will be holding our first Ridgeline workday to begin clearing trail, this Saturday. We need a few folks that don't mind using a pick, a trimmer, a machete, or a chainsaw. Tools and lunch will be provided.

We will have a load of rock, and our mini muck truck to fill a few mud holes on SWAMP thing, so we will have easy access to Ridgeline. This will take 3 people. We need to clear a few small trees and heavy brush at the entry and exit points. Expect to get your shoes wet. We could use one saw. We will start clearing ridge tops that need only minimal work (picks and shovels, no excavators or skid-steer loaders).  We will mark and rough cut sections that will eventually need equipment (excavators or skid-steer loaders) to complete the trail.  At this time, I do not expect we will be doing any trail maintenance. I will save that for the next regular workday in October.

Here is the important part... Please RSVP [to wes at email above] by noon on Friday. We will need time to accumulate tools and food Friday afternoon. Depending on how many join in, we may need an extra pickup to haul people.

thanks
wes

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Trucker
Re: Hey you! YES, you... RIDGELINE and Boyette need you.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 02:10:58 PM »
RIDGELINE will be quite an impressive trail - unlike any other in the current SWAMP arsenal! get out there and help so it can be opened by the FTF :)

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 02:36:39 PM »
What type of trail is this ridgeline going to resemble?
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Trucker
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 02:42:58 PM »
Hmm..not sure I could easily compare it to any of the current SWAMP trails.  It will be just under 3 mi. in length and go up, down, along  and around 40+ ridges, some of them very high.  There will be at least a few 'harder' options.  It will be intermediate/blue level trail.

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 02:48:44 PM »
Hm...'harder' is always good. I think I will be able to make it...will know about mid this week.
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline RKL

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 09:27:21 PM »
I hope to come up for the work day.   I also have a pickup that could ferry folks back to the work site.  More intermediate trails are always good.  Ray

Advertisement: