Author Topic: BEER!!!  (Read 2422 times)

Offline MT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • The rider formerly known as mtbker1224
    • Escape the Daily Grind
Re: BEER!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 07:34:16 AM »
Benjibbad - I was just boasting about your brew to a friend of mine yesterday; made the tired legs worth while on Saturday.

Thanks again!

Offline benjibbad

• Ninja Master Cyclist
    • MY Space
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 07:49:22 AM »
Ya TL mentioned Benji's Beer Brewing Skills, we had alot of time to talk on Saturday, It was cool.  ANd Benji, I must say, it was really nice hanging out with your bike all day. :D

NP She isn't getting the attention she deserves right now. Glad she could get a 100 miler in.

If anyone does want to commission a beer let me know soon I am going to need time to get ingredients and schedule brewings ect....
Pedal fast, Hit hard - pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars!!

Check out the Blog:
http://scifdps.blogspot.com/

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 08:03:43 AM »
Tread, lets do it. Dunkelweisss good for you?
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9 and some crappy commuter road bike.
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 08:13:53 AM »
Ya TL mentioned Benji's Beer Brewing Skills, we had alot of time to talk on Saturday, It was cool.  ANd Benji, I must say, it was really nice hanging out with your bike all day. :D

NP She isn't getting the attention she deserves right now. Glad she could get a 100 miler in.

benjibad, thanks again for letting me rode her it was a challenge to play with the shifter but it got me going. She is pretty light too, almost too light on downhills. If I had have used my old road bike It would have been a painful and horrible hundred.

The beer sampling Friday pm was awesome I just don't want to drink too much especially the one with cherry aroma with a kick in the balls after you consume half a bottle.

I nominate benjibad aka Dan as the SWAMP Club Official Brewmaster.

Offline Daniel

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 01:48:56 PM »
I am taking orders for the Holiday season for custom beers. If anyone would like to have a brew crafted for personal consumption or a gathering let me know. A single batch (5 gal) equates to about 53-12 oz beers and can be made to your specifications. I have made everything from Irish Reds, porters, Imperial Stouts, Wheat Beer, Hefeweizen, Barly wines, and Lambics. I can also do custom labels for your bottles. From brew time to bottleing is about 4 weeks (longer on those beers with higher alcohol content), and a recommended conditioning/ aging time of 2-4 weeks depending on the beer. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you do a good pilsner for the summer heat? I could get down with a barley wine when fall comes, or an IPA.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents" H.P. Lovecraft

Offline benjibbad

• Ninja Master Cyclist
    • MY Space
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 04:25:36 PM »
I tend to stay away from lager type beer only because they require you ferment them around 40 degrees for periods over 2-3 months. I just don't have the fridge space for a 5 gal carboy.  I amm working on a recipe for a nice barley wine but I am still researching yeast strains to get the most alcohol and sweetest taste.  Champagne yeast has to much bite and most beer yeasts can't stand the high levels of alcohol.  So it might be a combo irish ale yeast and something like a sweet red wine yeast.  Again still researching.  I will let y'all know.
Pedal fast, Hit hard - pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars!!

Check out the Blog:
http://scifdps.blogspot.com/

Offline Daniel

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 10:12:28 PM »
I tend to stay away from lager type beer only because they require you ferment them around 40 degrees for periods over 2-3 months. I just don't have the fridge space for a 5 gal carboy.  I amm working on a recipe for a nice barley wine but I am still researching yeast strains to get the most alcohol and sweetest taste.  Champagne yeast has to much bite and most beer yeasts can't stand the high levels of alcohol.  So it might be a combo irish ale yeast and something like a sweet red wine yeast.  Again still researching.  I will let y'all know.

I read a really good article somewhere about yeast strains and the sugar vs. alcohol survivability in a local post. There are men in my class that are brewers and I'll hit them up tomorrow.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents" H.P. Lovecraft