It was probably two months
since my last visit. OMG, I've been missing out in all the goodness. Trails were in the best shape I have seen them in a LOONG time. Probably since Art had a whole week off and was camping out there fixing things. THANK YOU ART and all volunteers. It's my kid's birthday this Saturday but I will try to make it to the work day.
I only rode for two hours but here is what saw. I hope this helps someone.
Ridden trails and condition:
- SandPine: Rocking but will need minor trimming
- Rock Garden: Loved all the new bypasses to avoid the eroded sections that get underwater. Excellent work!
- Rock Garden 1st Hard Option (Longer one): The northeast most drop is a bit eroded. The roots to jump into the option (clockwise) are exposed and riders have to lift their front tires to get on it. Everything else in there seemed in great shape.
- Rock Garden 2nd Hard Option (shorter with log) - Great shape
- Franks Loops: Only rode to the root climb and took shorter way out. Excellent shape. The hard packed dirt on the root by the tree is holding. I had a friend who attempted the rocky step drops in the back and he stated the roots were eroded a bit. I didn't ride that section.
- River loop: D/R
- Bridges south side (from Franks Loop to North Creek): Great shape.
- Shelly's Loop: at the start of it, the root are very badly eroded making the right turn by the tree a very difficult one. The actual drop on Shelly's with the stair drop is in the BEST shape I have seen it. The climb out in the back by the root is in great shape but the sand on the turn is hard to get momentum. Can we drop crushed shell on it? The second climb and third long climb out are in great shape.
- North Creek: Will need tons of trimming. Trail is in great shape except for the Poop Loop. The roots before the water pipe are a bit eroded. The roots after the Log are VERY expose and will need packing in.
- Bridges North: The little climbs after the two bridges are in great shape. They were packed down with hard pack dirt and great to ride. The new addition drop into the horse shoe climb before the whoops was a very nice new addition to me. It avoided the badly eroded roots and gives a more straight line to the climb. Still a good challenge on a SS. No prob for gearies.
- Bridges Whoops: WOOOWWW... What GREAT fun... Best shape I have ever seen them. All because of the way that second drop was fixed at the root with the permanent hard pack dirt. I hope that holds. THANK YOU!!!!
- Rabbit Ear #3 (newer one): Top shape... nothing but butter smooooooth.
- Rabbit Ear 2&1 : D/R
- Rollercoaster: The open area in the back will need trimming and weed whacking. The obstacles on the old first hard option where removed and people were riding through there. The new way with the steep drop is in great shape. The long climb out is decently holding even with loose rocks. 2nd hard option had some fixing done. It is looking great. The wall climb is no big deal even though roots are getting exposed. There is a water hole by the newer sections added a few months back. They are deep and will swallow front's tires and possibly send someone over handle bars.