Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: mountain vs road bike workouts  (Read 1577 times)

Offline chainslap

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Chainslap
  • My Bike: Fuel EX 9.9 29er
mountain vs road bike workouts
« on: October 08, 2008, 07:48:02 PM »
I ride the majority of my rides on the trails but catch an ocasional ride on my old road bike.  Ten years ago I was riding 90% road and I still have the same bike with the same ride position.  I find that on the trails my quads and knees feel the pain by the end of the day where as on the road, my hamstrings and glutes take the beating.  I had a several year hiatis between these activites, but i generaly run a higher cadenence on both bikes (about 90 rpm).  Is this a difference in body position or ride type.  I can tell my pedal stroke is not as smooth as it used to be in the roadie days.

Offline Pariah

• Cycling Sherpa
Re: mountain vs road bike workouts
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 07:52:33 PM »
sounds like the mtn bike seat may be too low... generally speaking.  Also mtn bike seats tend to be a little further back putting the bulk of the body behind the knee so to speak ini relation to the knee and crank arm position when compared to a raod bike.

this may be why your quads burn more with your fat tire ride.
WARNING  This document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2778, et seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended (Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401 et seq.). Violation of these export laws are subject to criminal penalty

naked indian

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 07:59:03 PM »
This is not advertising or spam.  Get a Wobble Naught Fit.  I got mines done with Matt Go forth, best MONEY I EVER SPENT.
Get it, emancipate yourself from the pain.
Google wobble naught read it yourself.  Eddie O does it as well.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 10:31:46 AM »
Eddie O does it as well.
He is coming down soon and monitors this board once in a while.  Sign up for a wobble.  Best investment for sure.  Eddie also uses the dart-fish pedal stroke video analysis.  That in itself will point out what you may be doing wrong or just improve up on.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 10:35:06 AM by SandPine »

Offline Pariah

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 10:41:50 AM »
What does the E-man charge for such a fitting?
WARNING  This document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2778, et seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended (Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401 et seq.). Violation of these export laws are subject to criminal penalty

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 11:21:47 AM »
What does the E-man charge for such a fitting?
It depends on what you need.  Contact him directly and tell  him SandPine sent you.  (I gotz 2 get paid...  ;D)  His link:  http://55nineperformance.com/

Advertisement: