Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Material help  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Material help
« on: October 17, 2008, 01:53:45 PM »
Hey folks,
Anyone out there have access to, or know of where to get, broken pieces of cement?  Like sidewalk replacement, construction sites, cement companies in need of getting rid of broken up concrete?

We have a couple of projects that require this kind of material to fix some low wet areas of trail being newly developed.

Probably in the one foot or somewhat smaller range; even some smaller pieces to help fill in with clay content found on the trail.

Let me know if you do, and if you have a way of picking it up, or need to coordinate with someone to pick it up.

Offline chainslap

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Chainslap
  • My Bike: Fuel EX 9.9 29er
Re: Material help
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 02:11:55 PM »
Residential construcion sites often have a concrete washout for the trucks to dump the excess.  Check neighborhoods that have a lot of new construction.  I would guess you are looking for material for boyette.  There is a landfill and several dirt/fill sites along 672 that may have material close by.

Offline bikehard

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 02:50:18 PM »
I have quit a few concrete landscape edging/border at my home.  I have piled them up on the side of the house and I am trying to get ride of them.  You are more than welcome to have them.   They are roughly 2 feet long a piece and can be broken up easily.

Let me know!
2008 Turner 5 Spot - 28lbs of Squish!

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 02:54:25 PM »
Residential construcion sites often have a concrete washout for the trucks to dump the excess.  Check neighborhoods that have a lot of new construction.  I would guess you are looking for material for boyette.  There is a landfill and several dirt/fill sites along 672 that may have material close by.

Those are good thoughts of where to obtain the material.  I am trying to coordinate who can get the stuff, as I am still in the bone healing mode.  I get around from the bed to the couch and minor trips to the grocery store, so collecting anything heavier than a jug of milk is out.

Volunteers?

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 03:05:22 PM »
Can I drive the dump truck?  :D
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 04:04:54 PM »
I have a dump trailer half full of busted up driveway. the pieces are about 6x10x6 or smaller. 

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 04:31:15 PM »
I have a dump trailer half full of busted up driveway. the pieces are about 6x10x6 or smaller. 

That would be awesome.  After some folks get back from the Asheville trip can we coordinate getting it for Boyette?

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 04:34:06 PM »
I have quit a few concrete landscape edging/border at my home.  I have piled them up on the side of the house and I am trying to get ride of them.  You are more than welcome to have them.   They are roughly 2 feet long a piece and can be broken up easily.

Let me know!

That's great.  If you can hang on until some folks get back from the Asheville Trip so we coordinate getting them picked up, or enlist your help?

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 07:12:58 PM »
I have a 4x4 F150 that I can help pick stuff up with, pull trailers or whatever may be needed. It would just have to be on a weekend. LMK if you need my assistance.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 09:31:36 PM »
I have a 4x4 F150 that I can help pick stuff up with, pull trailers or whatever may be needed. It would just have to be on a weekend. LMK if you need my assistance.

Thanks.  PM me with a phone number so we can work this out.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 01:26:07 PM »
PM sent.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Advertisement: