Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Boyette night rides - any possibilty of it happening again?  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Qfactor

• First Bike
Boyette night rides - any possibilty of it happening again?
« on: October 17, 2008, 07:22:55 PM »
Now that the time change is looming, it'd be nice to have a night ride at Boyette from time to time (for those of us that live further South). The one night ride that SWAMP organized last year was a blast. There was mention of trying to work out the safety issues with the local EMS services and possibly getting the approval for these rides again. Has any progress been made with Hillsborough County about this?

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: Boyette night rides - any possibilty of it happening again?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 09:28:11 PM »
Now that the time change is looming, it'd be nice to have a night ride at Boyette from time to time (for those of us that live further South). The one night ride that SWAMP organized last year was a blast. There was mention of trying to work out the safety issues with the local EMS services and possibly getting the approval for these rides again. Has any progress been made with Hillsborough County about this?

Hey Q - glad that you asked, because I find Boyette to be a fun place to ride at night as well.  We have a few things to hash out with land management then I am going to push this as a regular thing for us.  As always it seems that we need to approach one thing at a time.  Wish me luck and look for this coming in the near future.

Offline Qfactor

• First Bike
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 09:48:49 AM »
Thanks for the update, Garry. The one we did get to do was a good time. My light was an old L&M and the battery only held it's charge for about an hour. It gets really dark at Boyette at night :)

How are you healing up? Hope all is well with your road to recovery and look forward to seeing you on the trails again.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 02:20:32 PM »
Thanks for the update, Garry. The one we did get to do was a good time. My light was an old L&M and the battery only held it's charge for about an hour. It gets really dark at Boyette at night :)

How are you healing up? Hope all is well with your road to recovery and look forward to seeing you on the trails again.

Healing is slow, but the PT says not to rush things.  I hope to at least throw a leg over the bike end of November or beginning of December and see how much I can take.  We'll see.  I should get new xrays next month and see how things are going then.  I've read stories where some folks that have been bed ridden for three months!  At least I can move about some; just can't do much of anything physical yet.  That's frustrating!  I want to try to be at the Nov. 2nd Quarterly meeting at Trout Creek's ride though.  That will be my big excursion out!!

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 09:59:39 PM »

Healing is slow, but the PT says not to rush things.  I hope to at least throw a leg over the bike end of November or beginning of December and see how much I can take.  We'll see.  I should get new xrays next month and see how things are going then.  I've read stories where some folks that have been bed ridden for three months!  At least I can move about some; just can't do much of anything physical yet.  That's frustrating!  I want to try to be at the Nov. 2nd Quarterly meeting at Trout Creek's ride though.  That will be my big excursion out!!

Take whatever time is needed to heal Garry, it will seem like a short time once you are back up and running. I know how long it seems. Just take it one day at a time. :)

Advertisement: