Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: 12 hours of Pinelog result update  (Read 3645 times)

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
12 hours of Pinelog result update
« on: October 18, 2008, 11:10:05 PM »
Mike aka mksandoz did 19 laps at 8.5mile per lap.....3rd place Solo
Marcel aka SandPine on ss stop at 15 laps due to contact lens problem.
Jon aka factore did 15 laps
Sean aka Beercan did 11 laps

awesome showing guys!!!!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 11:17:20 PM by treadlight »

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Re: 12 hours of Pinelog result update
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 07:58:13 AM »
My upper body aches just reading about being on the bike this long. Great job you strong mofo's!!! Sandpine is an innovator with new excuses. His originality is unprecedented!   ;D    ;D    ;D  Once he figures out that he can use the excuse after 2- 3 laps he will  enjoy the races much more.  ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 09:11:59 AM »
Mike aka mksandoz did 19 laps at 8.5mile per lap.....3rd place Solo
Marcel aka SandPine on ss stop at 15 laps due to contact lens problem.
Jon aka factore did 15 laps
Sean aka Beercan did 11 laps

awesome showing guys!!!!

That is absolutely awesome.....one correction though, according to the text  I got from Marcel. The laps were about 7 miles. That is a lot of circles.

Wow! 

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 10:00:44 AM »
I have my work cut out for me to take you guys at santos!  Good job!

Anthem1

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 02:28:07 PM »
That is awesome Mikey :) Good showing Marcel, Jonathan and Sean. You guy's are all SICK TWISTED ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 02:33:13 PM by Anthem1 »

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 04:11:05 PM »
I have my work cut out for me to take you guys at santos!  Good job!
your in for the 12 hours?

Offline Jimbo

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 05:20:48 PM »
Great job guys!  Damn Mike, you are a stud!!!
It's not just fun, it's an addiction!

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 05:27:34 PM »
yeah, I am going to give it a go! You in??

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Trucker
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 06:16:06 PM »
i won $50
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 07:34:15 PM »
...Sandpine is an innovator with new excuses. His originality is unprecedented!   ;D    ;D    ;D  Once he figures out that he can use the excuse after 2- 3 laps he will  enjoy the races much more.  ;D
I learned from the best...  ;D   But if you want to read about the entire list of excuses I had for not doing better, I will soon have a write up on my blog about it.  I came close to not even lining up the morning of the race.  :D  My right eye was completely blur/fogged up.  I cleaned my contact twice and no luck.  It was scary.  When my left eye started going south at night, I stopped but I only had energy for 1 or 2 more laps.  I am happy with my hundie in 9.5 hrs.   I think it was good enough for 5th but final results not out yet.  This was not so painfully fun 12 hours hundie race thang.  I dont feel as wrecked as the previous one. 

But hats off the Mr. Mike for the great showing and spankin our arses.  First 12 hrs he has ever done.  First time he goes over 60 or 70 miles I think, and he does a whopping 133 mind bogling miles.  Someone woke up the sleeping giant in him...WOW...  YOU DA MAN now dawg!  Congrats to Jonathon on his first hundie.  In ss no less... I am glad you didn't go 1x9 as I made you belived I had done.  You would have been pissed at me.  I lied and stayed ss.   ;D  Nice riding Sean.. 77 miles for as little riding/training you been doing is not bad at all... thanks again... trips with good peeps like these are always fun.. till the next one..

PS.  I think we only talked about Jenkem twice..  LOL
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 07:37:40 PM by SandPine »

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 07:46:54 PM »
...Sandpine is an innovator with new excuses. His originality is unprecedented!   ;D    ;D    ;D  Once he figures out that he can use the excuse after 2- 3 laps he will  enjoy the races much more.  ;D
I learned from the best...  ;D   But if you want to read about the entire list of excuses I had for not doing better, I will soon have a write up on my blog about it.  I came close to not even lining up the morning of the race.  :D  My right eye was completely blur/fogged up.  I cleaned my contact twice and no luck.  It was scary.  When my left eye started going south at night, I stopped but I only had energy for 1 or 2 more laps.  I am happy with my hundie in 9.5 hrs.   I think it was good enough for 5th but final results not out yet.  This was not so painfully fun 12 hours hundie race thang.  I dont feel as wrecked as the previous one. 

But hats off the Mr. Mike for the great showing and spankin our arses.  First 12 hrs he has ever done.  First time he goes over 60 or 70 miles I think, and he does a whopping 133 mind bogling miles.  Someone woke up the sleeping giant in him...WOW...  YOU DA MAN now dawg!  Congrats to Jonathon on his first hundie.  In ss no less... I am glad you didn't go 1x9 as I made you belived I had done.  You would have been pissed at me.  I lied and stayed ss.   ;D  Nice riding Sean.. 77 miles for as little riding/training you been doing is not bad at all... thanks again... trips with good peeps like these are always fun.. till the next one..

PS.  I think we only talked about Jenkem twice..  LOL

Great job to all of you. Mike, I am speechless (you know that I am impressed 'cause that doesn't happen often), Jonathon I am proud of you, I knew you could do it (I got a one word text from him today,it said 'ouch')!!! Sean, that is freaking great!  Marcel, as usual I am not surprised you did well. Your determination is recognized by all. Thanks for sending me the results at, about 2:30 this morning. It was cool to wake up and see them.

Sleep well tonight! We can talk about the next 12 hour race, maybe I will line up for some of this torture. As good of a time we had at Dausett, I was really wishing I was there this weekend.

I said maybe.......

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 07:58:43 PM »
I had a great time - I have no excuses for not going another lap....I was friggin tired

my goal was 100 miles - the laps were 7 miles...so 14 laps=98 miles  >:( that means I had to go 105.

Panama City is in central time zone which means that it got dark at 6pm.  I had 3 hours of light and used most of those 3 hours doing 3 night laps. I probably could have done another lap...thank goodness my lights were running out of juice so I wasn't tempted to go another round.

My next MTB hundie will be a 100 miler rather than a 12hours of where ever...seeing the same trail over and over messes with you mentally and your pit station calls for you to stop each lap.

The upper body and core are really tired again...I know what I need to work on for the next race...I still need to lose 20 pounds or so to make these things easier.

now off to get some rest

Offline BeerCan

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • My Bike: Turner Sultan (V1)
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 12:13:05 PM »
First Congrats to Mike.  That was freaking impressive.  To ride like that all day was hard enough but the way you picked it up at the end was inspiring.  Your lap times at the end seemed to be getting faster and faster.

Congrats again to Sandpine and FACTORe.  100 miles is quite a feat.  I have a lot of fun riding with you guys and your recent success is helping me get back in shape and enjoy riding again.

As for me I met my goal (11/10 laps) but it cost me some pain.  I really need to work on my nutrition strategy because my current plan does not seem to be working for me (nausea).  I also had lots of little aches and pains on the bike that nagged at me all day.  I am not sure if these are a result of my lack of fitness or my bike fit or a combo of both.  One thing is for sure, toe cramps cause some of the most excruciating pain I ever experienced.  I have never had them before, (I am sure I would have remembered) thankfully they did not last long and had a small impact on my overall result.

I am looking forward to the next event whatever it may be.  Hopefully we can get more and more swampers at these races and really take over  ;D
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." Frank Zappa
------------------------------------

Advertisement: