Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: North Abyss  (Read 1823 times)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
North Abyss
« on: October 26, 2008, 07:55:03 PM »
Rode Boyette for the first time in a long time. Haven't even been out there since I did a few workdays. Looks like alot of work has been done and everything was riding really well. While on North Abyss though I noticed something that may need attention. Where the 2 big drops are, you have the big straight one and then the one that was re-routed to the right, some shell rock has been added to the bottom. On the second one there is getting to be quite a narrow trench at the bottom. Looks like a trench got formed when it was wet and now it is getting beat down deeper, and it is about 1 1/2 tire widths wide. Not sure if there is some more of that rock available, but maybe someone can take a look at it and see if something needs to be done there before the FTF. ;)
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: North Abyss
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 10:37:56 PM »
There are about 4 or 5 spots like that that will get attention before the FTF.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 09:45:44 AM »
they purposely made a wedge on the left to let the water accumulate there and not the center of the trail.. but if the riders have now beating the higher side, yea it will need attn

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 12:11:08 PM »
There is no wedge there anymore. Only thing left is a groove about 2-3" deep and 3" wide. One of the guys in m group caught the edge and went down there. I'd hate to see a big group do the same at FTF.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline chainslap

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Chainslap
  • My Bike: Fuel EX 9.9 29er
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 12:14:55 PM »
Last Friday's rain was the first since the rock had been put in several weeks back.  The base should be set now and it shouldn't take much for the top to be smoothed out.  It is a tight line at present however. 

Offline Jim DeLuca

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 07:55:49 AM »
We have spent the last 3 work days messing around with that spot.  The trouble is its a wet area to begin with, and getting materials back there is very challenging. Hopefully, the 4th try is a charm.   

Advertisement: