Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: For Immediate Release: The Naked Indian Ride January 3rd, 2009.  (Read 11481 times)

naked indian

For Immediate Release: The Naked Indian Ride January 3rd, 2009.
« on: October 30, 2008, 11:47:33 AM »
Start time is 915am on Saturday January 3rd 2009.

Registration is open to the first 16 respondents that email me at nakedindian99@aol.com
No fee to ride, if you want to eat food afterwards a donation is recommended with the pooled money we will buy after ride beer and food.
Maps and cue sheets will be provided the morning of the ride.  Course will be marked with blue markers, Riders meeting at 9am roll at 915am.

Ride Description:

Born out of a love for riding long distances, touring and adventuring, the Naked Indian ride is a ride through Deltona, Osteen, Enterprise, Debary, Orange City, Deland, Lake Helen and Cassadaga Florida.  Found using Google map satellite images and off road baja driving, the course is composed of Dirt roads, gravel roads, double track, bike paths, single track, service roads, old rail beds, backcountry paved roads and major roads.  It is as close as you can get to a backcountry Florida experience and a unique opportunity to see another side of Florida.  The natural beauty, wonders and wildlife you will encounter on the ride is worth the price of admission (free).

Don't underestimate the difficulty of this ride at 50 plus miles this self supported ride is very challenging and will test, all of your riding abilities.  This is no flat land course and it will be a challenge.

The course conditions are perfect and expect to ride terrain that is 99% rideable at all times (a week before the ride the course will be finalized to insure a 99% sugar sand free experience), there maybe some slight hike a bikes to bridge a section or to go over an obstacle as you are traveling through the backcountry of West Volusia, these trails are not maintained by anyone or any crew.

New this year will be three options:
Option one, is the "just enough distance ride", which is the 50 plus mile route that is advertised here.
Option two, the "I want just a little more dirt "that takes you on a dirt road loop around Acorn Lake.
Option three, "the give me more pain then I could handle" option that takes you through Samsula and back into Kalamazoo returning to Osteen making it a 70 plus mile ride. 
For Options one and two the course will be mapped, but option three is a ride led personally by me if anyone chooses for the maximum amount of pain, uh, I mean FUN.

If you are searching for a new adventure and would enjoy a long and fun ride then come out and experience the Naked Indian Ride.

Check at http://singletracksamurai.blogspot.com to see the flyer that has yet to be created for the ride.  Here is the scoop for you all, courtesy of Me.

Offline J. Ryan

• Cycling Sherpa
Re: For Immediate Release: The Naked Indian Ride January 3rd, 2009.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 12:03:12 PM »
Sounds like a blast! Count me in. Although this would be the first of many ~50s on the schedule for me.

naked indian

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 12:14:42 PM »
email with start info sent.  See ya there. ;D

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 12:19:51 PM »
Eh, Through me on the list. If something comes up I will sell my spot. ;D  Lets do it. I need a change of pace.

naked indian

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 12:26:35 PM »
Check your PM.

Offline Lady29

• First Bike
    • Lady 29er
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 12:29:05 PM »
Well it looks like my hubby Tread29 will be riding.  I however am nursing a back injury that prohibits long distance riding.  Can I help at all with water/food stops along the course?  If the course isn't condusive to actual stops, I can help "set up" for the festivities at the end.  Let me know!

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 12:29:40 PM »
in it

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Trucker
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 12:30:26 PM »
email sent - will go for the 70
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

naked indian

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 12:31:38 PM »
Well it looks like my hubby Tread29 will be riding.  I however am nursing a back injury that prohibits long distance riding.  Can I help at all with water/food stops along the course?  If the course isn't condusive to actual stops, I can help "set up" for the festivities at the end.  Let me know!

yes, my wife knows the course, so there will be photo ops. As well as a lunch stop at angelina's for beer and my wife could always use a hand, so yes, you are welcome to join.  It will be fun.  So not only can you help but you can join the fun and watch the pain happen. Good times for sure.

naked indian

Offline Pariah

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 12:42:03 PM »
If this is still open let me in.
WARNING  This document may contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2778, et seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended (Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401 et seq.). Violation of these export laws are subject to criminal penalty

Offline Lady29

• First Bike
    • Lady 29er
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 12:42:36 PM »
yes, my wife knows the course, so there will be photo ops. As well as a lunch stop at angelina's for beer and my wife could always use a hand, so yes, you are welcome to join.  It will be fun.  So not only can you help but you can join the fun and watch the pain happen. Good times for sure.

Sounds good to me!  I'm sure I'll meet your wife somewhere along the way to make place as the date approaches.  Looking forward to it!

Offline J. Ryan

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 12:44:31 PM »

Sounds good to me!  I'm sure I'll meet your wife somewhere along the way to make place as the date approaches.  Looking forward to it!

Actually i think you'll meet her Sunday.

Naked Indian  - Your wife joining us Sunday?

naked indian

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 12:51:40 PM »
YES. she will be there, she may be half asleep and we may get there after 12, we still have not decided if we will go straight to alafia or do boyette first

naked indian

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 12:55:15 PM »
Lady 29 brings up a good point, if anyone wants to volunteer to help or anything as such, email me as well or PM me.

thanks,...

Advertisement: