Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: FTF question  (Read 2630 times)

Offline ejruedi

• First Bike
FTF question
« on: November 09, 2008, 07:57:30 PM »
How early can we arrive on Friday for the campground area?  I was looking at getting there early, set up, and maybe hit a few trails before it gets crazy.

Thanks

Erik

Offline jimn213

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: is fast, but I'm not...
Re: FTF question
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 02:02:15 PM »
I called the park and spoke to a lady named Linda.  She says check-in time for the campground is 3:00.

I asked if they were assigning campsites as people arrived, and she seemed surprised that the event organizers had not already assigned sites for campers.  I told her it was stated as "1st come, 1st served".
She then said that since check-out time is 11 am, maybe I could get there a little after that to ensure a spot :o

She didn't seem to know much about the event.
Count not him among your friends who will retail your privacies to the world.
- Publilius Syrus (1st guy ever on a mailing list)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 02:07:27 PM »
I called the park and spoke to a lady named Linda.  She says check-in time for the campground is 3:00.

I asked if they were assigning campsites as people arrived, and she seemed surprised that the event organizers had not already assigned sites for campers.  I told her it was stated as "1st come, 1st served".
She then said that since check-out time is 11 am, maybe I could get there a little after that to ensure a spot :o

She didn't seem to know much about the event.

We do this every year and not surprisingly it works out quite well.  The sites are first come first serve basis and people buddy up on camp sites.  You may be sharing a site with someone from Georgia, Miami, or Jacksonville - or even your buddy you ride with often.  There is enough room for everyone and you get to meet a lot of people from all over.  Don't fret about it. Check in is 3:00 p.m., find a site to your liking and have a great weekend!
 ;D

Offline jimn213

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: is fast, but I'm not...
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 02:16:50 PM »
Thanks for the input Garry.

Yes, it does work well, and I am looking forward to it.
No fretting here, just trying to give Erik a little info.
See you there!

Jim
Count not him among your friends who will retail your privacies to the world.
- Publilius Syrus (1st guy ever on a mailing list)

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 02:21:04 PM »
You doing the Clunker Crit?  That's a blast!

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Trucker
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 04:29:21 PM »
Is it correct that only ticket-holders will be allowed to do the alafia/boyette crossover ride?????
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

Offline northbkr1

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 05:22:50 PM »
  You are correct. Only people who have paid for the FTF can come to the event or join us for a ride, they can't test ride bikes. They can ride the trails all they want but not with us. Your friends can not visit us in the campground or even join us and just hangout if they have not paid. Anyone who doesn't have a wrist band WILL have to leave. Sorry, but it's not fair to all of the people who have paid to come to the event.
  Sorry if this sounds negative but the club is paying a lot of money to put on an event like this,we pay for the campground, insurance, rangers to watch the access road to Boyette just to name a few.
  Tell your friends to sign up earlier next year, they will miss a great FTF this year.

Offline ejruedi

• First Bike
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 07:08:37 PM »
Thanks for all the answers.  Guess I will just head down and ride the trails until the campground opens.

Offline northbkr1

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 08:16:54 PM »
One last thing. All of the camp sites have been reserved by some really smart people who figured out that if they reserved camp sites Thursday they would have a site for Friday. For all of you Smart campers who reserved sites early, please back all the way into your campsites because you might have to share it with someone else.  If your in a tent, just find a spot in the center of the campground and set up there. Get to know your neighbors, you will have a lot of them this weekend. We will all have a really good time. For those of you who waited to long to sign up, do it early next year because it will sell out faster.
See youz there
Art

Offline northbkr1

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 08:32:33 PM »
Another last thing. There will be a swap meet so bring your old or new parts and some cash, you never know what you might find.

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 08:46:20 PM »
One last thing. All of the camp sites have been reserved by some really smart people who figured out that if they reserved camp sites Thursday they would have a site for Friday. For all of you Smart campers who reserved sites early, please back all the way into your campsites because you might have to share it with someone else.  If your in a tent, just find a spot in the center of the campground and set up there. Get to know your neighbors, you will have a lot of them this weekend. We will all have a really good time. For those of you who waited to long to sign up, do it early next year because it will sell out faster.
See youz there
Art

This seems to set a bad precedence. Everyone gets a campsite every year; never been a problem.  I don't get what the issue is.  The deal is people share sites, so if you grabbed a site Thursday please leave room to share so everyone enjoys the event.  Looks like it will be a fun event.  The trails will be in some of the best condition. Major props to all those doing the behind the scenes preparation so the rest can have a great weekend, and for the State Park allowing us to over run the place.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 09:26:20 PM »
I don't have an RV so I am not too concerned.  But if I did, I probably would not happy since in years prior, I knew all I had to do was go there early Friday morning and get me an rv camping site.  Good thing I don't have to worrry about it.  RV'ing is not camping.  Of course, I say that because I don't have one. 

But to whomever has RV spot #30, I hope you like 20+ tent campers partying late into the night ala ybor city style!   ;D  Sorry, we are a bit loud and we feed the fire good late into the night....   ;D  I can hardly wait...

Offline Stumpjumper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 09:31:50 PM »
But to whomever has RV spot #30, I hope you like 20+ tent campers partying late into the night ala ybor city style!   ;D  Sorry, we are a bit loud and we feed the fire good late into the night....   ;D  I can hardly wait...

And pranks ::)
What was I THINKING !!!!!!

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 09:34:14 PM »

And pranks ::)
SHhhhhhh!!! ... I hear the GRUFFster has a plan to get us back for what we did to his tent last year....  ;D :D :D :D :D 

Offline northbkr1

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 09:36:11 PM »
I don't think it sets a bad anything. I just see it as some smart people who wanted to make sure they had a campsite. They all know they will be sharing it with a lot of fellow mountain bikers.

Advertisement: