Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Boyette routes  (Read 7222 times)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Boyette routes
« on: November 10, 2008, 06:40:50 AM »
Connector trail from south end of Vista  Ridge to to the south west entrance of East Meadow.  Good hills,  great views, completes the loop for the inner blue trails. Do it.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Re: Boyette routes
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 07:16:38 AM »
Connector trail from south end of Vista  Ridge to to the south west entrance of East Meadow.  Good hills,  great views, completes the loop for the inner blue trails. Do it.

Will it help in our never ending search for 'The Truth'? :-\

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:23:28 AM »
You can only find the Truth with a good knowledge of bikes and about 2 G's.. ;D

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 07:59:54 AM »

There are "section use restrictions" the land managers want us to adhere to.  Not saying this isn't a possibility, but they really frown upon anything not approved.  Kind of like your wife going into your wallet and taking money out; probably okay, but you want to know about it and approve it.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 08:25:20 AM »
speaking of Boyette's routes... how does everyone like the new climb out of the end of the right most (harder) pandamonium trail?  Now, before you get all crazy about taking away the tough straight (but short) climb that was there... it is still there.  Now we just have a new option to make a quick sharp left and climb out on the less incline but LONGER sustained climb out.  I think is a bit tougher and gives me more bang for my buck.  I liked the straight up climb out before, which I have never cleaned all the way.  But the new climb out is a bit longer and it seems you have to work harder longer to make it out.  The new climb option still tough and it goes with the "harder" trail theme.  It is just not as  dangerous and less possibility for us to fall back as I have seen a few of you do.   8)

Overall, the Boyette trails were rockiiiiiing.  Best condition I have seen them in a long time.  There is a bit of brown ice on the quadrant with the pine needles but very enjoyable if you like the quads...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 08:35:14 AM by SandPine »

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 08:31:00 AM »
+100
....for the trail fairies who worked on the trails..

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 08:38:55 AM »
I like it. I enjoy the longer climbs as opposed to the shorter/steeper ones.
My bike is more than a toy; it's my vessel.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 08:44:19 AM »
SANDPINE WROTE....
speaking of Boyette's routes... how does everyone like the new climb out of the end of the right most (harder) pandamonium trail?  Now, before you get all crazy about taking away the tough straight (but short) climb that was there... it is still there.  Now we just have a new option to make a quick sharp left and climb out on the less incline but LONGER sustained climb out.

I'm not so keen on it simply because the third option was intended to be a difficult climbout that you have to work your way to attaining.  After the FTF the new one may be closed - gotta' think on it.

Luis

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 09:56:05 AM »

I'm not so keen on it simply because the third option was intended to be a difficult climbout that you have to work your way to attaining.  After the FTF the new one may be closed - gotta' think on it.

I applaud you for that Garry.  Don't dumb down the trail to your skill level, instead increase your skills so you can ride it...I have never made that climb on the singlespeed but I have gotten oh so close... I look forward to when I actually make it.

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 10:13:58 AM »
The entire trail has been ridden in nicely. It was good from the beginning but it has gotten better and better through time and with the work thats been done on it. 

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 10:52:16 AM »
It still is difficult with the new climb out.  Kinda of making a spider thing out of it now but both are good.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 12:30:20 PM »

I applaud you for that Garry.  Don't dumb down the trail to your skill level, instead increase your skills so you can ride it...I have never made that climb on the singlespeed but I have gotten oh so close... I look forward to when I actually make it.

I agree! While I've made that climb on my SS, it's not easy, and it's not and everytime thing. We usually stop and play with that climb a few times as it is so tough to make on the SS.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 12:47:59 PM »
speaking of Boyette's routes... how does everyone like the new climb out of the end of the right most (harder) pandamonium trail?  Now, before you get all crazy about taking away the tough straight (but short) climb that was there... it is still there.  Now we just have a new option to make a quick sharp left and climb out on the less incline but LONGER sustained climb out.  I think is a bit tougher and gives me more bang for my buck.  I liked the straight up climb out before, which I have never cleaned all the way.  But the new climb out is a bit longer and it seems you have to work harder longer to make it out.  The new climb option still tough and it goes with the "harder" trail theme.  It is just not as  dangerous and less possibility for us to fall back as I have seen a few of you do.   8)

Overall, the Boyette trails were rockiiiiiing.  Best condition I have seen them in a long time.  There is a bit of brown ice on the quadrant with the pine needles but very enjoyable if you like the quads...

I have never fallen backwards there................... :-\

Offline MT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • The rider formerly known as mtbker1224
    • Escape the Daily Grind
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 01:13:59 PM »
 ???  Are we talking about the lower trail in Pandemonium? There's a new exit other that the hard the climb out to the left? When was it added? We were out there last Thursday evening.

Offline firebiker

• Ninja Master Cyclist
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 01:52:24 PM »

I have never fallen backwards there................... :-\
[/quote]

I beg to differ.

Advertisement: