Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Santos post ride  (Read 2286 times)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Santos post ride
« on: November 17, 2008, 06:47:21 AM »
Great ride had by all. Everybody but Juicehead went down at least once but luckily nothing serious.  Thanks BenjiBbad for the beer. John Brown was slick first thing in the morning after some light rain. I think I like it better than the vortex. Magic Mtn.  was challenging as I didn't make the climb with my single speed challenge with Chiselchest 32/16 gearing.  We'll have to look at the tape and see who made it further up hill.   ;D  Thanks to Luis for pulling us around on a great ride and loop. Goodriding with everybody. We'll meet for some Boyette/Alafia action some time.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline J. Ryan

• Cycling Sherpa
Re: Santos post ride
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 07:18:32 AM »
Yes, Great ride! Thanks to everyone for periodically waiting up for me. I hope I didn't slow you're ride down too much. It was one hell of a work out for me.

Dan - Great beer man!

naked indian

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 07:20:08 AM »
Great ride had by all. Everybody but Juicehead went down at least once but luckily nothing serious.  Thanks BenjiBbad for the beer. John Brown was slick first thing in the morning after some light rain. I think I like it better than the vortex. Magic Mtn.  was challenging as I didn't make the climb with my single speed challenge with Chiselchest 32/16 gearing.  We'll have to look at the tape and see who made it further up hill.   ;D  Thanks to Luis for pulling us around on a great ride and loop. Goodriding with everybody. We'll meet for some Boyette/Alafia action some time.

Maybe the Friday or the Saturday of the Turkey weekend if anyone is in town You guys can take me on a tour of Boyette, never been there, would love to go!

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 07:31:44 AM »
A group of us did the Epic yesterday and stopped to try Magic Mountain on the last leg. A couple of us could get through those rocks about 1/2 way up, but that was it. That has become a tough climb over the summer.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline MT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • The rider formerly known as mtbker1224
    • Escape the Daily Grind
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 07:44:01 AM »

Maybe the Friday or the Saturday of the Turkey weekend if anyone is in town You guys can take me on a tour of Boyette, never been there, would love to go!

I'd definitley be up for a Tour De Boyette the Saturday after Thanksgiving. 

Offline BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 07:49:43 AM »
I haven't made the climb up Magic Mountain in my last couple of trips up there either.  The rocks and little washout areas has made the climb more difficult and gives you something to work towards.  Did you guys like how they reworked the backside of Magic Mountain?
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline MT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
    • Escape the Daily Grind
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 07:56:17 AM »

Hey Ells,

It was great riding with you at Santos. Hope to ride you again sometime in the near future.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 08:01:08 AM »
BillT - the back side of Magic Mountain was a surprise. Nice slightly technical fresh cut  downhill. The extended portion of Magic made it be a pretty tuff climb. Juicehead cleaned it with his gears.
Boyette for a post Turkey day ride is def. something to think about. I have a sweet route we could do, 20 miles plus to work off those turkey fixins'.
Tread29 - good ride. Good workout for everybody.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 08:04:51 AM »
I haven't made the climb up Magic Mountain in my last couple of trips up there either.  The rocks and little washout areas has made the climb more difficult and gives you something to work towards.  Did you guys like how they reworked the backside of Magic Mountain?

When did they re-do the backside? I was up there a few weeks ago and it didn't seem any different. I can make the front side on my geared bike pretty consistent, even after it changed. But on my SS it is just to much gear now. Last spring I could go right up, it was super smooth back then. I like it better now, it is a good challenge again. ;)
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Luis

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 08:07:40 AM »
How much more did you guys ride? I made a good decision though, no pain afterwards woohoo!  

Offline BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 08:11:41 AM »
SFG - They redid it within the last 3-4 weeks.  I was up there last weekend with Gregg and noticed for the first time (we went up the backside and down the frontside) and was there 2 weekends prior to that and it wasn't redone so it is pretty new.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 08:11:47 AM »
Another 6 -7 miles. Tried to stay on blues but rode short sections of reds also  and finished up with Sink hole again. Tough trail when you are at the end of 26 -27 miles. The beer was tasty and perfect for post ride recovery.   ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

Luis

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 08:15:53 AM »
Another 6 -7 miles. Tried to stay on blues but rode short sections of reds also  and finished up with Sink hole again. Tough trail when you are at the end of 26 -27 miles. The beer was tasty and perfect for post ride recovery.   ;D

I thought you guys where going for 20 more ;D  Sinkhole feels endless when you're tired...

Offline MT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
    • Escape the Daily Grind
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 08:18:29 AM »

I thought you guys where going for 20 more ;D  Sinkhole feels endless when you're tired...

Luis - I just had to drag Kevin and Ryan through there before we called it a day; especially since they found a convenient excuse for skipping it the first time around.

Offline J. Ryan

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 08:51:06 AM »
Luis - I just had to drag Kevin and Ryan through there before we called it a day; especially since they found a convenient excuse for skipping it the first time around.

I think it was more like...you found a convient excuse to drop us! JK ;D The slower pace back to the TH was a nice break from Luis' pace!

Advertisement: