Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Who's doing the IDIDARIDE?  (Read 2447 times)

Anthem1

Who's doing the IDIDARIDE?
« on: November 19, 2008, 09:18:57 AM »
I was on vacation when registration opened so figured I missed it after than San Fiasco scam ;D But in looking at the registered riders, there are currently only 220 and the ride will accomodate 300. Is anybody doing this ride or has anyone done it before? What is the riding like? In reading the trail descriptions in the area there are some refered to as intermediate or difficult with some techy features around the river. I am thinking I would like to do the ride provided these trails are part of the circuit :)

Offline J. Ryan

• Cycling Sherpa
Re: Who's doing the IDIDARIDE?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 09:25:41 AM »
I'll be doing IDIDARIDE but I've never ridden up there before. I'm also curious about the trails.

If you decide to do it would you go up the day before or the day of?

naked indian

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 09:33:49 AM »
I love the Ididaride, its tons of fun.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 09:38:26 AM »
I'll be back on the bike for the Ididaride.  I have everyone since 2000 except one.  It's a good endurance ride.  Nothing too technical, but a couple of places may test you pretty good.  Be sure to yell when you hit "The Steps".  If it's wet don't exit "The Steps" with speed.  Some areas have roots on drops and climbs - enjoy. javascript:void(0);  The weather is often part of the endurance.  Past examples: 19 and breezy, 22 and rainy, 32 and wet, average low to mid 30's, last year rainy and cold.  Year before 45 and AWESOME.

I live in St. Pete and it is a 3 hour drive for me.  We get there Friday evening or afternoon.  Ride is 9:00 a.m. Saturday.

Offline J. Ryan

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 09:44:53 AM »
Garry - do you stay in a hotel, camp...?

Anthem1

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 09:45:37 AM »
Hey Tread, not sure if I would drive up Friday or Saturday how about you? I am printing my registration as I type, maybe we can set up a truck pool ;D

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 09:46:57 AM »
Garry - do you stay in a hotel, camp...?

Some folks grab a motel, others camp.  I have one of those camp-cabins this year.  Get a spot while they are still available.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 10:11:32 AM »
I would only do this ride again for the SWAMP party and the drink till you drop feed the fire Gods feast.  But as for the ride... i rather do WT50 a few times.  Trails are pretty flat and don't offer anything technical except for one spot where they hang "hike your bike" signs anyway.  A few small climbs but there are more climbs at Boyette, I think...   Maybe it just the cold weather I have had the last two years I've done it.  Last one being the worse since we couldn't have the bon fire which is the highlight of the ride.  Last year's ride seemed like it was 70% muddy double track.  Rain coming down hard at times and temp in the 30-40's.  Again, WT50 is a better option. 

IMO...

naked indian

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 10:24:25 AM »
I would only do this ride again for the SWAMP party and the drink till you drop feed the fire Gods feast.  But as for the ride... i rather do WT50 a few times.  Trails are pretty flat and don't offer anything technical except for one spot where they hang "hike your bike" signs anyway.  A few small climbs but there are more climbs at Boyette, I think...   Maybe it just the cold weather I have had the last two years I've done it.  Last one being the worse since we couldn't have the bon fire which is the highlight of the ride.  Last year's ride seemed like it was 70% muddy double track.  Rain coming down hard at times and temp in the 30-40's.  Again, WT50 is a better option. 

IMO...

I differ, I love the single track up there.  I think your caught up with the suffering, LOL.  Its an awesome ride and the views of the Suwannee are so worth it.  I think last year there were maybe 10 miles of double track, or 15 but thats the same with Felasco.  Croom is the BEST 50 by far cause its all 99.9% single track.  All the other 50's have double track.  Its all off road riding though, find the LOVE!   ;)

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 10:34:28 AM »
IDIDARIDE Registration = $60
Gas Money (2 tanks) = $100-$150
Hotel (no way i am camping two nights in sub 30 temp) = $120=$150
Food = $50
Bike Repairs = chain, cassette, BB, labor = $200

Total = ~$400-$600

hmmmm...  I'll pass this year.  Maybe hit WT50 or Boyette50...  ;D 

naked indian

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 10:37:10 AM »
LMAO.

Sandpine your just a fancy dude.

Registration plus 20 bucks of gas and your done. I dont get a hotel room or none of that. ITs only a 50 mile ride!

LOL... 

Some of those trails CAN ONLY be ridden during the Ididaride AND the views of the Suwanee are worth it if you can afford the gas and the registration.  Its a good time with good people and a fun route.

But I get your point, been there, done that... ;)

Luis

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 10:43:31 AM »
IDIDARIDE Registration = $60
Gas Money (2 tanks) = $100-$150
Hotel (no way i am camping two nights in sub 30 temp) = $120=$150
Food = $50
Bike Repairs = chain, cassette, BB, labor = $200

Total = ~$400-$600

hmmmm...  I'll pass this year.  Maybe hit WT50 or Boyette50...  ;D 

hotel? LOL I'm sorry to tell you you've been eliminated from the Pisgah group, my friend.

Offline J. Ryan

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 11:21:58 AM »
Hey Tread, not sure if I would drive up Friday or Saturday how about you? I am printing my registration as I type, maybe we can set up a truck pool ;D

My wife will be going with me (not riding though) but we'd be up for truck pooling. I'm not sure when we'll head up yet though. I'm not sure I want to spend the $ for a hotel room.

naked indian

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 11:23:54 AM »
Tread you can totally drive up the morning off, its a nice easy day and FUN and there are some climbs out there and there is some sweet singletrack, you will like it!

Offline J. Ryan

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 12:01:15 PM »
Tread you can totally drive up the morning off, its a nice easy day and FUN and there are some climbs out there and there is some sweet singletrack, you will like it!

I think I will just get up early and drive up the day of. It's only 3 1/2 hrs from my place.

Anthem - Let me know if you're up for driving up with us the morning of the ride.

Advertisement: