Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Linked Events

• Boyette Club Ride: December 10, 2006

Author Topic: Boyette Club Ride December 10th  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Forum Manager

• Administrator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Use the big ring!
    • SWAMP Mountain Bike Club
Boyette Club Ride December 10th
« on: November 27, 2006, 12:18:49 PM »
Sunday, December 10th, 9:00 am  Boyette Scrub

Join us for this fun mountain bike club ride, everyone is welcome. Guides leave the parking lot at 9:00 am

14002 Balm Boyette Road Riverview Florida 33569
Note: The address is estimated for best map results
Are you a SWAMP Mountain Bike Club member? Ride Guide?
If so, use the Personal Message link to the left, under my name, to send me a PM about upgrading your forum account to SWAMPer or Ride Guide!
Please remember to include your first and last name and when or how you joined SWAMP.

Offline jpap2002

• Huffy Rider
Re: Boyette Club Ride December 10th
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 06:27:47 AM »
Great, my girlfriend and I are planing to ride this sunday. I need to make sure if we ride with a group the group will ride at her level. NO HAMMERS. This has happend twice and she is about to quit group rides. So can you assure me that there will different levels of riders will be put in there own groups.   

Offline Forum Manager

• Administrator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Use the big ring!
    • SWAMP Mountain Bike Club
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 06:59:54 AM »
Boyette is a tough place for slower riders, even the 'C" group tends to ride faster than they do at Trout Creek. When you arrive at the Boyette parking lot make sure you find Lou Whyte and, explain your situation to her. The trails are 2 miles away from the parking lot at Boyette, keep that in mind when you plan rides.

Trout Creek is a great place to ride with the C group as there are many options to bail or simply rest.

Good Luck and please let us know how it goes.
Are you a SWAMP Mountain Bike Club member? Ride Guide?
If so, use the Personal Message link to the left, under my name, to send me a PM about upgrading your forum account to SWAMPer or Ride Guide!
Please remember to include your first and last name and when or how you joined SWAMP.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 08:36:45 AM »
The 2 mile two track out to the trailhead is used as a warm up, but there is also a 1/2 mile piece of singletrack involved in that.  Generally in mountainbike group rides everybody tends to spread out and regroup so nobody gets lost or left behind too far. 

At any intersections the riders regroup so everybody gets to ride a pace that works for them.  Especially in large groups, with a large difference in rider abilitiy, the slower riders will feel that they may have been left but just need to understand that you ride your ride and the guides will regroup where it's not clear which direction to go.

Also we try to all ride ride the same direction, (KEN!), so if someone finds themselves in a faster group then they can drop back to the next group.  Always talk to a ride guide before the start to make sure you get in the group that you need to be in.

Advertisement: