Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Questions for upcoming interview with Tour De Felasco event organizer  (Read 1740 times)

Offline MT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • The rider formerly known as mtbker1224
    • Escape the Daily Grind
Hola fellow SWAMPERS,

As luck would have it, I've been able to arrange a Q&A session with the event coordinator for the Tour De San Felasco. This fine gentleman has agreed to field/answer a few questions about the event, and then post them on my blog; www.welcome2thegrind.blogspot.com

Please feel free to PM or email me any questions you may have concerning the event, and I'll do my best to get it on the list.

Please, send me your questions; I'm bored!

gracias,

L

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Trucker
Re: Questions for upcoming interview with Tour De Felasco event organizer
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 08:09:24 PM »
ask if he can open any more spots :)
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

Offline MT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
    • Escape the Daily Grind
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 08:11:52 PM »
LOL  :D

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 08:52:16 PM »
Why do they let people in that don't ride the Tour, instead they shortcut from SAG to SAG and then take the bailout from lunch back? I understand this is a fundraiser, but now with so much interest and people wanting to ride the ride, IMO it is time to start eliminating some of those that don't do the ride. I can understand mechanicals or sickness or whatnot, but what is the point of doing this for people that don't want to ride the ride, just get a shirt?
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 08:57:16 PM »
Why do they let people in that don't ride the Tour, instead they shortcut from SAG to SAG and then take the bailout from lunch back? I understand this is a fundraiser, but now with so much interest and people wanting to ride the ride, IMO it is time to start eliminating some of those that don't do the ride. I can understand mechanicals or sickness or whatnot, but what is the point of doing this for people that don't want to ride the ride, just get a shirt?

Or selling blocks of tickets to bike shops and vendors.  Of course this is only rumor, but makes sense with the zippity speed with which it sells out?

Anthem1

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 09:08:14 PM »
The email I got a couple days ago from Jim Ebling the event organizer stated that he had recieved 420 registrations postmarked the first two days of of open registration so that is where they capped enrollment. The good news for me is he said he had a few cancelations and I was on the LUCKY list :)

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 09:12:44 PM »
The email I got a couple days ago from Jim Ebling the event organizer stated that he had recieved 420 registrations postmarked the first two days of of open registration so that is where they capped enrollment. The good news for me is he said he had a few cancelations and I was on the LUCKY list :)

Then that just means it has become hugely popular.

Anthem1

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 09:16:58 PM »
Or just plainly HUGE :o I think the initial cap was going to be 300.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 07:52:29 AM »

Or selling blocks of tickets to bike shops and vendors.  Of course this is only rumor, but makes sense with the zippity speed with which it sells out?

It's not a rumor, it is a fact. Any sponsor for the event can purchase 10 (I think it was 10) spots before registration opens. I have that info from someone that was offered just such a package. ;)
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 09:37:02 AM »
Luis,
Tell him that registration over snail mail is a thing of the past.  Be best if they do on-line registration with one of many registration sites like Active.com or BikeReg.com.  It doesn't cost that much and takes all the pressure away from them.  Besides, all the money they spend sending back checks and time sorting through registration request is more expensive then what they will pay for online.

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 09:40:58 AM »
Luis,
Tell him that registration over snail mail is a thing of the past.  Be best if they do on-line registration with one of many registration sites like Active.com or BikeReg.com.  It doesn't cost that much and takes all the pressure away from them.  Besides, all the money they spend sending back checks and time sorting through registration request is more expensive then what they will pay for online.

Right, so then they fill in 15 minutes...hahaha

Offline MT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
    • Escape the Daily Grind
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 10:10:41 AM »
Luis,

Rumor has it that this is already in the works for next year, and Garry's right, they expect that the ride will sell to capacity in an hour or so. It'll be tuff to get in! This is only a rumor at this point, but I'll defintely be asking about this as part of my interview.

Offline SamW

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
  • SWAMPER
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 10:36:05 AM »
The event is January 10th correct?

I am signed up, just can't find my flier and the web site does not have the date.

http://www.sanfelasco.net/
Addicted to MTB

Offline Big Hooper

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: SIR9. One bike, one gear
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 10:43:41 AM »
do they send out anything to you before the event? just know Im in so I guess i just show up?
wherever you go.....there you are.
Just a big Hooper!

Advertisement: