Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Alafia workday canceled  (Read 2874 times)

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Alafia workday canceled
« on: December 03, 2008, 08:02:28 PM »
Hi all - Art canceled the Alafia workday this Saturday from too little or no RSVP's, so look for alternative plans.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
Re: Alafia workday canceled
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 08:53:06 PM »
This is crap. That is all. :)
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 08:59:15 PM »

With the low response Art will instead be using the time for planning of trails, so it's a good thing in disguise. 
 ;)

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 09:06:18 PM »

With the low response Art will instead be using the time for planning of trails, so it's a good thing in disguise. 
 ;)

Then Art should call me so I have something to do this weekend. I know there are a few of us that were really looking forward to working Alafia this weekend.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 09:14:07 PM »

;)

Then Art should call me so I have something to do this weekend. I know there are a few of us that were really looking forward to working Alafia this weekend.

You could always stop by and help us.   ;D

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
    • Raymond James Financial Services
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 10:17:37 PM »
I know I was in for it.. We had a thread a week or so ago started by I think Eric about a pump track idea and a few other ideas. Please let me know if anything is going to be happening at Alafia as I don't have a bike right now and was looking forward to this..

Kris

:'(
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:27:55 PM by KRUNNCH »
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 11:15:31 PM »
I know I was in for it.. We had a thread a week or so ago started by I think Eric about a pump track idea and a few other ideas. Please let me know if anything is going to be happening at Alafia as I don't have a bike right now and was looking forward to this..

Kris

:'(

Well, the new land manager is a bit conservative and isn't too likely to approve a pump track.

Offline Jonesy

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 07:38:38 AM »
I think you would post about the workday first before judging that there isn't any interest.  Two months in a row without a workday may be a trend? I know I was coming along with a few of the other regulars. Art, why don't we at least get together to plan some projects for upcoming workdays? It would seem to me that the time to be tackling these heavy construction projects would be in the winter, not the jungle heat summer months. Just my .02. I have a standing pass for the first saturday of the month. If  I don't use, I may lose it!

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 07:51:07 AM »
Have to use this Forum board more. Its more outsider friendly and gets the word out better. There have been a a couple of workdays out at Boyette where there was no mention on this board about them, had I known I may have been able to put in  some time. There  has been word posted about some but not all. Forum first, e mails second. Thats how it should roll. Just saying. Those Swamp emails are like inner office memos, everyone doesn't get them.  I know swamp has used those emails for years but times are a changin'.  Not to be critical, but yes, being critical. Don't kill the messenger please.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 07:54:45 AM »
Have to use this Forum board more. Its more outsider friendly and gets the word out better. There have been a a couple of workdays out at Boyette where there was no mention on this board about them, had I known I may have been able to put in  some time. There  has been word posted about some but not all. Forum first, e mails second. Thats how it should roll. Just saying. Those Swamp emails are like inner office memos, everyone doesn't get them.  I know swamp has used those emails for years but times are a changin'.  Not to be critical, but yes, being critical. Don't kill the messenger please.

I agree, I don't even check my email at home. This board gets info out to alot of people. :)

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 08:01:46 AM »
SWAMP memos/emails? How do I get those? I only get snail mail news letters from the Swamp Club, nothing else. Please put me on the list if there is one, KRUNNCH@tampabay.rr.com.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 08:06:39 AM by KRUNNCH »
We continuously seek feedback from you as to how we can improve our policies and procedures since our primary goal is to act in partnership with you. If you have any questions or need to report any problems on the SWAMP forum, please send me a PM and I will get back with you ASAP.

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 08:39:09 AM »
SWAMP memos/emails? How do I get those? I only get snail mail news letters from the Swamp Club, nothing else. Please put me on the list if there is one, KRUNNCH@tampabay.rr.com.

I hope to not kill the messenger, so here goes - Yahoo!Groups is elective and where all of the official SWAMP Club memos go through, besides the schedule printed in the Newsletter.  If you are a SWAMP Club Member and want to receive these memos contact Kevan at sforum at swampclub dot .org and he will get you set up - Yahoo!Groups is open to members. 

This Forum generally is not where you will find official notices and updates on SWAMP activity as it is open to anyone and everyone whether they are SWAMP members or not.  That being said, Art and I do try to post here occasionally about upcoming workdays, and we do have designated areas within the Forum to make such announcements.  Thing is someone has to stop what they are doing and fill out the calendar or make a separate announcement. It's all volunteer - announcements, trail scouting for workdays, collecting RSVP's, planning the workday and lunch for the number coming, buying material based on workday load to have on hand, gaining permission from the land managers to even make most of what people request. 

Donít get me wrong - Iím not looking to unload on anyone here - but some assistance would be nice from the folks who benefit the most from all of this, and that is the very ones who put the rubber down each day.  I know this message falls on the eyeballs of many who do step up and make it happen; who do have their accounts set up to receive the notices of workdays and other volunteer duties throughout the year.

Without all of the work behind the scenes as it were, there would be no trails - at least not the caliber of which is enjoy by hundreds of people each week.  SWAMP is a very active club with a lot of things going on.  As with any "club" one has to ask why they are a "member".  Is it for the Forum?  That's a freebee given out to everyone to bring information and attention to the benefits of the club.

We would love to have more volunteers help out through out the year.  If you would like to be a part of that then please get set up with Yahoo!Groups, or notice in your newsletter when scheduled workdays are coming and let that Trail Boss know that you will join in on what makes these trails premier.

Offline eclark

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 09:45:38 AM »
Cancelled again??  I have to say that is some monkey crap.  And how was there no interest?  There was already a post on this forum about that workday so there was obviously interest.  I have been really excited about the last 2 work days due to more friendly weather, call me crazy but I figured now is when we would be building some serious trails.  I spent all summer maintaining the existing black trails and now I want to BUILD.  Every time we went out during the summer we were told that there were new trails already planned, there is a moonscape extension yada yada yada.  Let's get this stuff going please.

Double black crew, I am going to give Art a call to see if he can hook us up with something to do Saturday, there is definitely work to be done out there.   

Offline KRUNNCHERO

• Frankenbike builder!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Smite master!
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 09:49:30 AM »
Cancelled again??  I have to say that is some monkey crap.  And how was there no interest?  There was already a post on this forum about that workday so there was obviously interest.  I have been really excited about the last 2 work days due to more friendly weather, call me crazy but I figured now is when we would be building some serious trails.  I spent all summer maintaining the existing black trails and now I want to BUILD.  Every time we went out during the summer we were told that there were new trails already planned, there is a moonscape extension yada yada yada.  Let's get this stuff going please.

Double black crew, I am going to give Art a call to see if he can hook us up with something to do Saturday, there is definitely work to be done out there.   

Eric, if you get some sort of word.. PM me/email me or something. I am down for whatever. I have submitted my thingie to join the Yahoo club btw. *goes back into corner  :-X*

Offline eclark

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 10:13:07 AM »
Krunchy, check your pms, and if you want to ride saturday and still have no bike, I can set you up with a bike of some sort or other.

Advertisement: