Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Boyette  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Paragonman

• Clipless Mountain Goat
Boyette
« on: December 06, 2008, 09:00:04 AM »
Rode Boyette yesterday and checked out some of the new trail. All I can say is "Wow!" That's going to be a lot of fun.
This is gonna hurt

Anthem1

Re: Boyette
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 09:11:33 AM »
From the pics I have seen, I think your RIGHT :) I need to drag my lazy butt out of bed for the work day the 13th so I can see this puppy in person.

Offline J. Ryan

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 02:41:42 PM »
I just spent some time today working on Gary's Loop. It's looking great and look like it's going to be a lot of FUN!

I also finally got a chance to see some of the new Ridgeline Trail. It looks awesome. I can't wait.

Anthem, You should definitley come out next weekend. There aren't that may peeps signed up yet and they could use all the help they can get!

Offline catman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2016 Scott Genius 740
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 02:51:38 PM »
Rode Boyette for the first time in months and saw the, or what I think is, the new trail. It was right near the fence line and looks like it will be a loop once completed.Seems like a bulldozer or large Bobcat was used to clear it. Is the idea to go in quick and easy (easier) and then let mother nature do her thing to make it single track? Or is it going to be more of a wide bike park type trail. Just wondering.

Oh, and will we take a right or a left at the first fork in the trail.
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Anthem1

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 04:08:28 PM »
I rode Boyette this afternoon and hiked in to see Ridge Line, WOW :othis is going to be an amazing trail. I walked as far as the first bailout and ran into Wes who pointed out the bail out to me otherwise I'd still be hiking ;D

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 04:34:08 PM »
I rode Boyette this afternoon and hiked in to see Ridge Line, WOW :othis is going to be an amazing trail. I walked as far as the first bailout and ran into Wes who pointed out the bail out to me otherwise I'd still be hiking ;D

That section you saw Wes, and all of it actually, is going to have a major fun factor to it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 04:43:12 PM by Garry »

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 04:39:44 PM »
Rode Boyette for the first time in months and saw the, or what I think is, the new trail. It was right near the fence line and looks like it will be a loop once completed.Seems like a bulldozer or large Bobcat was used to clear it. Is the idea to go in quick and easy (easier) and then let mother nature do her thing to make it single track? Or is it going to be more of a wide bike park type trail. Just wondering.

Oh, and will we take a right or a left at the first fork in the trail.

Actually that part is the exit.  There was a major issue with water at that point and it looks like it has been resolved.  Please folks, it's not done yet, so let us finish building what will prove to be a gem of a trail then we can all enjoy it.

In order to get the trail to conform to the way we want it to with minimal maintenance a corridor was cut in with the mini dozer.  For now it's wide, but the edges will grow back and that should just leave singletrack for monthly trimming once it is established.

RSVP folks so we get a large turnout next Saturday.  We can use all of the help we can get to make this a really fun and challenging trail.

Offline Tony Buchman

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: '08 Giant Trance X2, 2012 Kona Hei Hei 29er
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 06:23:55 PM »
I rode Boyette today and checked out the new trail also. Wes was in a Bobcat and someone else was in a small back hoe. definatly looks like a fun trail
Me and the wife plan on getting out there on the 13th.
I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 06:32:47 PM »
Long term weather outlook looks good
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Paragonman

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 08:26:07 PM »
I guess I should clarify; I checked out some of the new trail ON FOOT.
This is gonna hurt

Offline Garry

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 10:00:54 PM »
I guess I should clarify; I checked out some of the new trail ON FOOT.

haha  I knew that.  :)

Offline LTS guy

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • VIVA LA LTS!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 10:43:57 AM »
I rode there yesterday, and almost dropped into the new entrance until I seen I would have to clear a back hoe, and as high as my BB height is, I don't see me clearing and cleaning a bobcat. Can't wait.

I also introduced a former motocross friend of mine to MTB, he had been to Boyette before, on Wal-Mart bikes and didn't make it back to the fun stuff. I talked him into getting a Specialized XC, and I took him to ride, the Abyss's and the funner stuff at Boyette and hes HOOKED. good times. :)
When you ride so far out that you hear no traffic, no people...nothing..

zen.

Advertisement: