SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 10:02:36 AM] FACTORe: mk - dropped lance last night

[Today at 10:25:07 AM] Scott: As I was driving out of the Depot parking lot it started Hailing golf balls!!!!!!!!

[Today at 10:26:00 AM] Scott: Had a dry 72 degree session on the rollers instead

[Today at 10:28:20 AM] Scott: Fe, you still riding San An in the A.M.?

[Today at 10:28:29 AM] mksandoz: scott = sissy

[Today at 10:32:31 AM] Scott: at least spell it with a capital S

[Today at 10:33:10 AM] Scott: who dropped you slow mikey?

[Today at 10:33:29 AM] FACTORe: 6:45 arrive at san an - 7am roll out

[Today at 10:33:58 AM] Scott: Who is riding?

[Today at 10:36:52 AM] FACTORe: mk is a ?? Graham and Erick and my self - I think Humberto as well

[Today at 10:37:47 AM] Scott: 813 - Paul

[Today at 10:40:09 AM] FACTORe: Paul - is a ? still

Advanced search  

News:

North Creek Trail at Alafia River State Park is a fun and popular trail.
Ride this intermediate trail and then post your review here!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no love for chainlove  (Read 245 times)

jimn213

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • El Enmascarado de Plata
no love for chainlove
« on: December 10, 2008, 09:22:51 AM »
I know a bunch of folks watch for deals on this site.  Did anyone but me notice how their web page increments the shipping cost after you select your item?

This is what happens: You say: I want 1 of these in this size.  You make your selection, click 'buy now', and it takes you to your cart where you can enter your zip code in a shipping calculator.  You enter your zip and click 'update' and it gives you several shipping prices.  I always select the cheapest one and then click 'proceed to checkout'.  When you get there, most times you will notice that the shipping cost has changed  (usually increased).  If you don't notice, oh well, you just paid more than you thought you were going to.

My gripe is: what is the point of the stupid calculator if the shipping is going to be recalculated at checkout anyway?  I asked them this question, but they didn't really seem to care and gave me a canned response about how they cannot discount their shipping any more than it already is....although I wasn't ASKING for a DISCOUNT, just wanted to know why the cost changed.
Count not him among your friends who will retail your privacies to the world.
- Publilius Syrus (1st guy ever on a mailing list)

BillT

• Death Blossom!
  • SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
Re: no love for chainlove
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 10:29:50 AM »
I've bought 2 things from Chainlove but haven't noticed the change in shipping price but I'll pay attention in the future.  My only gripe with them is similar though - I just think their shipping prices are a little too high, though the deals are typically so good, that I can ignore the higher than average shipping cost.
You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Aramada.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 18 queries.