Author Topic: Live blood cell analysis  (Read 4559 times)

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Live blood cell analysis
« on: December 11, 2008, 07:48:50 AM »
had this done yesterday. Very cool. A drop of your blood is analysed under a microscope and viewed on a tv screen. You can see the cells of your blood and how healthy or un-healthy they are. Optimum health you have nice round cells not clumping up ontop of one another.  This allows for maximum oxygen and nutrient transport through-out the body. Great tool to stay motivated if you have it done regularly. What was determined is that I have  slightly too much sugar and there are fungus cells feeding off this excess sugar. Slightly low on iron and this was likely from not having enough enzymes to properly digest and absorb iron (probably not iron deficient, but more of an absorbtion issue). My parasite cleanse that I have been doing has worked as I was almost completely clean of parasites and I had only slightly oxidative damage. Check it out. Its a great window into seeing how healthy you are.  You will learn stuff that you will never learn from anywhere else. Only $50 bucks.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline SandPine

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • SS Bender
    • <b>SandPine's Ride Reports</b>
Re: Live blood cell analysis
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 08:00:17 AM »
had this done yesterday. Very cool. A drop of your blood is analysed under a microscope and viewed on a tv screen. You can see the cells of your blood and how healthy or un-healthy they are. Optimum health you have nice round cells not clumping up ontop of one another.  This allows for maximum oxygen and nutrient transport through-out the body. Great tool to stay motivated if you have it done regularly. What was determined is that I have  slightly too much sugar and there are fungus cells feeding off this excess sugar. Slightly low on iron and this was likely from not having enough enzymes to properly digest and absorb iron (probably not iron deficient, but more of an absorbtion issue). My parasite cleanse that I have been doing has worked as I was almost completely clean of parasites and I had only slightly oxidative damage. Check it out. Its a great window into seeing how healthy you are.  You will learn stuff that you will never learn from anywhere else. Only $50 bucks.
Biology 101 with morning coffee... yummy... hey isn't a fungus a form of parasite?  so why you almost clean of parasites if you full of fungus feeding on your excess sugar.  How about EPO?  where those levels through the roof now?   ;D

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 08:28:40 AM »
Fortunately it was only a visual test, so I am still Tour eligible as the EPO could not be detected.   ;D As far as fungus/parasites, I have no idea.They look completely different and its something he differentiates.  He can see plaque, white blood cell counts, alot more. I take  charge of my own health so its part of my arsenal for longevity and well being.
" Not this time, Lance"

naked indian

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 08:55:54 AM »

Ells, interesting you bring this up.  This is the very reason I stay away from processed foods, sugars and carbs.  Cause of the Fungus issue.  Check out the primal blueprint, it is the ANSWER to all of our ills, people really need to get with it!

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 09:09:03 AM »
Nekkid, whats the primal blueprint, where do I read about it.  Sounds like a raw diet. Once you  start to get into nutrition, there is  a lot of ways to go. For the most part, if one limits the processed foods sugars/carbs you are well on your way to good health. 
My remedies are probiotics, good quality enzymes, oil of oregano, and anti-oxidants. A good diet will provide all of these things.  Need discipline to keep that diet going.
" Not this time, Lance"

naked indian

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 09:21:42 AM »
Nekkid, whats the primal blueprint, where do I read about it.  Sounds like a raw diet. Once you  start to get into nutrition, there is  a lot of ways to go. For the most part, if one limits the processed foods sugars/carbs you are well on your way to good health. 
My remedies are probiotics, good quality enzymes, oil of oregano, and anti-oxidants. A good diet will provide all of these things.  Need discipline to keep that diet going.

check my blog and scroll down or find the post labeled more propaganda.  Been following this since frebruary.  Dropped 40lbs, cholesterol medicine, eyes improved, I improved, etc, etc...

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 09:34:29 AM »
Good stuff! I'm there except for major improvements needed for diet and exposure to toxins.  You were on cholesterol medicine? Thats sick  if you were. Congrats on changing your life around then.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline mksandoz

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
    • my riding blog
  • My Bike: Cannondale F500 1x7 w/ Slicks
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 09:59:45 AM »
I'm no scientist but something about this sounded very-unscientific to me so i did some googling:

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Tests/livecell.html
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Tests/livecell2.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2005/jul/12/health.science

Seeing one's own blood cells on a video screen is, admittedly, a powerful experience. It gives patients the impression of hi-tech, cutting edge science combined with holistic care. And impressed patients are ready to part with a lot of money. American websites explain how a practitioner can make $100,000 (£57,000) annually by purchasing the equipment necessary for performing LBA. The bulk of this money is made not through charging for the test itself but by selling expensive nutritional supplements to the patient with the promise that these will correct whatever abnormality has been diagnosed.

Me I don't trust doctors - I attribute my exceptional health and well-being to my Q-Ray Ionized bracelet:

http://novatechgadgets.com/locode.html

Just kidding...but seriously you should be careful out there...there is science and there is pseudo-science
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx

Offline Harvey

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 10:09:04 AM »
I read about the primal blueprint and it all sounds good, with one catch: We shouldn't do endurance sports because our bodies aren't designed for it. If you train daily, it's also next to impossible to get adequate fuel for recovery without carb-heavy things like bagels and oatmeal.

That's how I see it with my critical eye. I'm not going to quit doing long rides and I'm not going to quit putting my body through the wringer (yet), so I'm gonna fuel as needed, keeping an eye on the quality of the fuel.

Offline Harvey

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 10:09:25 AM »
Ells, where did you get this analysis done?

naked indian

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 10:16:56 AM »
I read about the primal blueprint and it all sounds good, with one catch: We shouldn't do endurance sports because our bodies aren't designed for it. If you train daily, it's also next to impossible to get adequate fuel for recovery without carb-heavy things like bagels and oatmeal.

That's how I see it with my critical eye. I'm not going to quit doing long rides and I'm not going to quit putting my body through the wringer (yet), so I'm gonna fuel as needed, keeping an eye on the quality of the fuel.

I dont eat any processed carbs and still find ways to keep the fuel just right.  Alternatives are Beans and potatoes and such.  If worst comes to worst, whole grain and oats is better than white enriched flour, but you prolly already know that.  I have tried in the past to fuel with Oats and grains, and all it does is make me hungry.  Ultimately you have to listen to your body.  And a well tuned and fit athlete is not going to be seriously negatively impacted by the Occasional grain. 

The problem is though, that MOST people, over eat these items to the point that they poison themselves.  I can count the grains and sugars I eat on one hand.   I would guess the average person eats more grains and sugars in one hour then I do all week. 

Im not heavy on breads and pastas, I dont like the way they make me feel and so far my plan has been working.  But as always Harvey, I value your input.

Offline Harvey

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 10:24:46 AM »
You're right - most people probably eat more of that stuff than even I do. I stick exclusively to whole grain breads, veggie-based pasta when I can and brown rice. I have been doing less pasta and rice this year and more potatoes and veggies. Sweet potatoes rock!

I want to experiment with bean-based soups this winter.

I like this explanation of the primal diet and how athletes need to bend the rules: http://www.trainingbible.com/pdf/Paleo_for_Athletes_Cliff_Notes.pdf

naked indian

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 11:04:36 AM »
You're right - most people probably eat more of that stuff than even I do. I stick exclusively to whole grain breads, veggie-based pasta when I can and brown rice. I have been doing less pasta and rice this year and more potatoes and veggies. Sweet potatoes rock!

I want to experiment with bean-based soups this winter.

I like this explanation of the primal diet and how athletes need to bend the rules: http://www.trainingbible.com/pdf/Paleo_for_Athletes_Cliff_Notes.pdf

INteresting Read,
I pulled this one out just for you Harv, read it if you like: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-athlete-compromises/

Online E90X + 1.1.11

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 11:56:57 AM »
I'm no scientist but something about this sounded very-unscientific to me so i did some googling:

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Tests/livecell.html
http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Tests/livecell2.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2005/jul/12/health.science

Seeing one's own blood cells on a video screen is, admittedly, a powerful experience. It gives patients the impression of hi-tech, cutting edge science combined with holistic care. And impressed patients are ready to part with a lot of money. American websites explain how a practitioner can make $100,000 (£57,000) annually by purchasing the equipment necessary for performing LBA. The bulk of this money is made not through charging for the test itself but by selling expensive nutritional supplements to the patient with the promise that these will correct whatever abnormality has been diagnosed.

Me I don't trust doctors - I attribute my exceptional health and well-being to my Q-Ray Ionized bracelet:

http://novatechgadgets.com/locode.html

Just kidding...but seriously you should be careful out there...there is science and there is pseudo-science

QUACK

Offline Harvey

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 11:58:12 AM »
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-athlete-compromises/

That site was what generated my initial response. I found the link on your blog yesterday and spent some time reading it. That particular page reinforces what Friel says about the Paleo diet modified for athletes. The concept is really good and I strive to attain it, while modifying it for the needs of an endurance athlete and guy who likes an occasional pint of Ben & Jerry's. ;D