Author Topic: Boyette Today  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Boyette Today
« on: December 13, 2008, 07:53:39 PM »
We had a great turnout for todays Boyette workday.  38 volunteers either spent all day or part day working on some awesome trail additions to Boyette.  The crews that worked Garry's Loop actually finished and it is open to ride!  As with any new trail it will take some traffic to pack it down, so enjoy it.

A lot of work went into making today happen.  A HUGE thanks to all who came out to play!

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas
Re: Boyette Today
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 08:31:28 PM »
Garry's loop is going to be sweet!! ;D

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 08:24:33 AM »
cool. I look forward to riding garry's loop today.Thanks garry for putting these things together!

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 03:08:02 PM »
cool. I look forward to riding garry's loop today.Thanks garry for putting these things together!

No problem, it should turn out to be a fun little trail. 
I got to ride it today with the B- Group.  Only one other set of tire marks on it...hmmm...It's a tad soft in some areas, that should pack in with traffic.  Of course my endurance is in the crapper right now as I try to build up my strength again.  My doctor was right - I can ride as long as I don't crash!  hahaha   ;D

Anthem1

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 04:07:09 PM »
Your namesake will be a sweet ride :)A lot of COOL :o stuff brewing at Boyette!

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 06:15:47 PM »

No problem, it should turn out to be a fun little trail. 
I got to ride it today with the B- Group.  Only one other set of tire marks on it...hmmm...It's a tad soft in some areas, that should pack in with traffic.  Of course my endurance is in the crapper right now as I try to build up my strength again.  My doctor was right - I can ride as long as I don't crash!  hahaha   ;D

Not too shabby for a guy with a broken back!!! ;)

Offline catman

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: 2007 Giant Trance 1
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 07:34:04 PM »
I went out to Boyette today to check out Garry's loop. Ended up hiking (not biking) all of the new ridge line trail first and then went looking for G loop. I rode Sidewinder, Swamp Thing, and the Woods Trail for the first time but no sign of Gary's loop. Is it hidden or was I just blind as a bat? Is there a trail marker? Also, whats with the newly cut roads at the entrance to Sidewinder and near Pandamonium? Access for trail building?

Btw, the new ridge line trail has not gotten enough hype in my opinion. It is amazing to say the least. I found myself stopping several times to look around in awe. I think Boyette will now be the site for my weekday evening rides. Can't get much of a ride in at Alafia since it closes at 5:30.
Part time mountain biker, full time roadie smiter.

Offline Garry

• SWAMP Club Advisor
  • Yellow Jersey
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 08:14:59 PM »
I rode Sidewinder, Swamp Thing, and the Woods Trail for the first time but no sign of Gary's loop. Is it hidden or was I just blind as a bat? Is there a trail marker? No signs yet, but you come out of SWAMP THING to that clearing before you head under the trees before Woods Trail it's off to the left.  I put some small orange flags at the entrance today to make it hopefully noticeable.

Also, whats with the newly cut roads at the entrance to Sidewinder and near Pandamonium? Access for trail building? Mistake.

Offline Dean Palmer

• First Bike
  • Good people drink good beer
    • The Beer Journals
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 10:32:53 AM »
Took my first ride on Garry's loop yesterday, and it looks like it will be a fun little area once it is packed down and worn in a bit. Great job to everyone who made it happen!