Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Croom_12-14-08  (Read 2525 times)

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
Croom_12-14-08
« on: December 14, 2008, 10:21:31 PM »
Rode Croom late this afternoon.
Started at Parking Area #1 going to N. Blue, did a bypass to red parallel to Croom road and Back to parking lot.

Trail Condition:

Typical sand spots in most places but was packed due to previous rain.

Tire ruts ranges from 6-12" wide and 6-12" deep.

Couple of logs and huge down tree on 8 mile Bail Out, will probably need couple of guys to clear.

Down tree one mile after Sugar mountain, passable without walking but would probably be difficult for recreational rider. One person with a chainsaw can clear this tree.

Log two miles from Sugar mountain same situation as above.

I counted 4 signs from previous enduro race that were still up.

The general condition of blue loop is sandy on most spots with deep rut from previous race, but otherwise ridable.

morisson

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: Croom_12-14-08
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 01:18:15 PM »
The SWAMP powers asked of pics foo.. They need evidance to continue the talks with land management.  where was your camera?  Dang, now I have to go out and do the job right...

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 01:23:54 PM »
The SWAMP powers asked of pics foo.. They need evidance to continue the talks with land management.  where was your camera?  Dang, now I have to go out and do the job right...

I was thinking about taking pics but my cellphone died.

Offline old gray goat

• Cycling Sherpa
  • Dudes Ride club
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 12:14:04 PM »
I will be out there this weekend. I will bring a camera and will take pics of  damage that was done out there.

Bill

Offline Meerkat Surprise

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 07:59:56 PM »
I will be out there tomorrow, and will force myself to stop and take out the camera.

Offline Meerkat Surprise

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 09:53:22 PM »
On a scale of 1-10, the trails were a 0 right after the enduro race. Now they're about a 3. Before the race they were 8+. I think the worst part is that the trails are dug down so there are tons of roots where there used to be smooth trail (my hard tail was giving me a red tail by the end of the ride). On the bright side, it's wonderful to hit the sections where the motorcycles didn't run and see how wonderful the trails can be out there.

These pictures are from the Blue trail between parking area #1 and the 12-mile bailout. The yellow trail is still in great shape as it avoided the motorcycles, as is the portion of the blue trail up near Sugar Mountain. Didn't ride the south Red. Note the piece of motorcycle trash left behind in picture #8. Tried to pack it out, but too many sharp edges to ride with it in my pack, so it's now out of the way near Volcano Ridge. I'll bring a towel to wrap it in and pack the sucker out on my next trip up there.

Advertisement: