Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: NK RiDE uPdate  (Read 14759 times)

naked indian

NK RiDE uPdate
« on: December 15, 2008, 09:17:11 AM »
I want to get your input.

First things first.  I am thinking of eliminating the 70 mile option just to focus on fun.  Feedback.

Number two, How many people plan to ride off the front and disappear?  Just asking so I know if this is going to be a huge guided group ride or I need to go out and mark the course.  Let me know, be honest.

Third, I have a huge backyard.  After the ride there will be a fire, anyone, is welcome to camp, you can even have electric hook up and you have access to a bathroom.

Well ok, not HUGE, but big enough for like ten tents.

Ok
feedback now please.

Luis

Re: NK RiDE uPdate
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 09:28:58 AM »

First things first.  I am thinking of eliminating the 70 mile option just to focus on fun.  Feedback.

Number two, How many people plan to ride off the front and disappear?  Just asking so I know if this is going to be a huge guided group ride or I need to go out and mark the course.  Let me know, be honest.

Third, I have a huge backyard.  After the ride there will be a fire, anyone, is welcome to camp, you can even have electric hook up and you have access to a bathroom.

Ok
feedback now please.

1) I'm happy if I can finish 50 miles on Jan. 3
2) Group ride is fine with me...these guys can inflate their egos at San Felasco
3) YEAH PARTY!  I'll bring my tent (and Lima and Paco LOL)

naked indian

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 09:30:33 AM »

Ok
feedback now please.

2) Group ride is fine with me...these guys can inflate their egos at San Felasco
3) YEAH PARTY!  I'll bring my tent (and Lima and Paco LOL)

awesome!!!

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 09:32:46 AM »
I will, as always, try to keep up with whoever is riding in the front group.

Jrad is hitching a ride with me but I am trying to figure out how is it possible to drive back, safely, after a "couple" of beer. So there is a huge possiblity to bring a tent and rent a backyard real estate available to stay for the night.

This would be a good thread to discuss things to do, drink, eat...after the ride.

morisson

naked indian

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 09:35:12 AM »
I will, as always, try to keep up with whoever is riding in the front group.

Jrad is hitching a ride with me but I am trying to figure out how is it possible to drive back, safely, after a "couple" of beer. So there is a huge possiblity to bring a tent and rent a backyard real estate available to stay for the night.

This would be a good thread to discuss things to do, drink, eat...after the ride.

morisson

Yes bring it!  This ride is all about fun and adventure, so give me your feedback one and all!

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
    • Pinoy MTBer
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 10:45:26 AM »
NI,

I am looking forward on a barbecued mussels with cheese after the ride.  I can get the mussels from a Sweetbay or similar and can cook it as finger foods for the beer.

naked indian

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 11:11:25 AM »
Awesome... Im cool with it!

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 11:12:52 AM »
1) I am thinking of eliminating the 70 mile option just to focus on fun.  Feedback.
2) How many people plan to ride off the front and disappear?  Just asking so I know if this is going to be a huge guided group ride or I need to go out and mark the course.  Let me know, be honest.
3) I have a huge backyard.  After the ride there will be a fire, anyone, is welcome to camp, you can even have electric hook up and you have access to a bathroom.
1) :-( would love to do 70 with a fun group but I also don't want to 10 hrs to do it.  If I can get gps route, I can take a few with me to do the 70 or 100 if we can gps map it and if we have at least 3 of us.  Don't forget my ride flagging services are for hire come 12/20.
2) I don't want to disappear.  I want to have a fun ride.  Safety in numbers in some of those locations at the NI ride!!!  Again, get me gps coordinates and I can help guide a group if you want me to.
3) I wouldn't brag about haveing a HUGE rear...  But if night temps above 40, I am in on the camping thing.  My wal-mart tent and sleeping bag only take 40 degrees and above.  LOL

Lastly... If we going to have a nice fire pit I might talk the wife into making us some TAMALES.

Huh? That is not the Luis I think I know.  1) 50 miles is a walk in the park for him.  2) Piper calls Luis the ghost cuz you only see him at the start of a ride.  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 11:16:08 AM by SandPine »

Luis

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 11:17:49 AM »
Huh? That is not the Luis I think I know.

There is a time and a place for everything...after being in PR for 10 days I'll welcome a nice friendly stroll through the woods.

Offline J. Ryan

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 11:48:59 AM »
I'm only planning on doing the 50.

I'm going to be the weakest rider of the group as this will be my very first 50 mile event. I hope some peeps don't mind an honest 9-10 mph pace. More often than not the pace seems to climb up to 13-14 mph and I won't be able to sustain that pace for 50 miles.

I would love to stay for an after party. I'll check with my wife as she will be there as well.

Offline MtKillanewbieDH

• Forum Moderator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • roadie
  • Favorite Trail: BullJake
  • My Bike: Trucker
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 11:56:39 AM »
I will do the 70 if it's available and I still have it in me (I haven't been riding much).  Regarding speed, who knows how fast I will go but if we are doing lots of road riding 9-10mph will be hard to maintain without feeling like I'm riding with my grandma.  I definitely will not hammer off into the distance - I'm in it for the friends first, beer second, and riding third.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades - Eddy Merckx
Simplify and add lightness - Colin Chapman

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 11:58:58 AM »
I'm only planning on doing the 50.

I'm going to be the weakest rider of the group as this will be my very first 50 mile event. I hope some peeps don't mind an honest 9-10 mph pace. More often than not the pace seems to climb up to 13-14 mph and I won't be able to sustain that pace for 50 miles.

I would love to stay for an after party. I'll check with my wife as she will be there as well.
If you can do 40 at Boyette like you did this past weekend you will be more then fine doing 50 or even 70 at the NK ride.  Remember 40-60% of the NK ride is flat dirt or paved roads.  So a 10mph average is an easy spin out there.

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
    • Pinoy MTBer
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 11:59:33 AM »
I will do the 70 if it's available and I still have it in me (I haven't been riding much).  Regarding speed, who knows how fast I will go but if we are doing lots of road riding 9-10mph will be hard to maintain without feeling like I'm riding with my grandma.  I definitely will not hammer off into the distance - I'm in it for the friends first, beer second, and riding third.
Agree.

I will let the terrain dictate and yeah the legs too.  ;D

naked indian

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 12:00:02 PM »

If there are enough people that really want the extra twenty I will accomodate. But, I figured, people would want to party, plus the 50 miles we are doing will be really fun.

Luis

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 12:00:23 PM »
Can you do 10mph without falling over?  :D

Advertisement: