Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Blue Trail at Croom Well Marked?  (Read 1055 times)

Offline jakae

• First Bike
Blue Trail at Croom Well Marked?
« on: December 15, 2008, 08:07:35 PM »
Hi,

I was going to try the Croom Blue Trail Tomorrow and was wondering if it was well marked?  I'm not familiar with the area, and seeing that it's mid-week, I dont want to take the risk of being severly lost :)

cheers-Nancy

Offline StonePony

• Clipless Mountain Goat
Re: Blue Trail at Croom Well Marked?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 09:29:37 PM »
Hi,

I was going to try the Croom Blue Trail Tomorrow and was wondering if it was well marked?  I'm not familiar with the area, and seeing that it's mid-week, I dont want to take the risk of being severly lost :)

cheers-Nancy
I rode some of the north blue trails last week (for the first time) that I hopped over to via the short red connector trail, and everything was quite well marked.  I'd bring a map if it's your first time though -- I was certainly happy I did.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: Blue Trail at Croom Well Marked?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:31:55 AM »
True on the map.. the only place where it gets a bit confusing is after the blue pits area.  Before the "12 mile bail-out" on north east blue.  You will see several little trails and Y intersections.  Like "drunken monkey", "watering hole", "point of not return", "cherry hill", "hartbreak ridge", and "volcano ridge"... All of those are little trails that span off form the main blue trail.  Some times it gets confusing and they turn you around.  You will also come to what it looks like a free ride area with many jumps.  Stay on the east side of that.  You can try a few of the jumps at your own risk.  It is not a SWAMP build free-ride area.  The blue trail edges that section and it goes streight throught on the right (east) side.

Advertisement: