Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: sandpine opti ti  (Read 1266 times)

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
sandpine opti ti
« on: December 22, 2008, 07:36:36 AM »
you might want to if you have not already check out the thread in mtb florida about your frame breaking. sounds like trouble but we will see if they replace it. :o :-\ if they don't that is very lame!

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: sandpine opti ti
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 07:44:51 AM »
Yes Ron's bike is not the first one I hear this happening to.  If it happens to mine, I am still going to be in their ear to replace it.  If if they don't, then I won't feel too bad since I didn't pay close to full price.  I am grateful that I have had it this long for what I spent.  Good things never last right?...

I am hopeful that Ron's problem and the other two I have heard of, are isolated problems.  Just like with any other bike manufacturer.  They ALL have had similar problems.  My Optimus is part of the 2nd generation of that same frame they made for 2008.  But that doesn't mean it won't happen to mine.  I'll keep my fingers cross. 

However, do NOT let these few bike frame problems steer you away from Vassago.  They  make GREAT bikes.  Every bike manufacter has had frame problems.  Is the customer service that kills them sometimes.  We'll see what happens.

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 07:53:55 AM »
i could not agree more! i am looking forward to see how they handle this...

Offline Big Hooper

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: SIR9. One bike, one gear
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 07:57:22 AM »
got a link to the thread?
wherever you go.....there you are.
Just a big Hooper!

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 08:42:36 AM »
It happens. My Truth had a crack they say was from too much heat transferred through the frame from some of the welds. Weakened the tubing and the fields of Boyette was too much for it. Purchased from a reputable dealer so there was no problem on turnaround on a new frame.
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 08:52:53 AM »
It happens. My Truth had a crack they say was from too much heat transferred through the frame from some of the welds. Weakened the tubing and the fields of Boyette was too much for it. Purchased from a reputable dealer so there was no problem on turnaround on a new frame.

That was the same thing Trek told me about my Sugar and they replaced it twice.  They replaced my rear wheel with an upgrade within a week too.

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 09:40:18 AM »
For those of you not keeping up on the MTB forum...  Vassago answered Ron's email within one day.  Over the weekend on a Saturday night no less.  I am waiting for details of his situation since it too close to home.  Better go check my bike right now actually... brb

Advertisement: