Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Santos  (Read 1427 times)

Offline bradluke0

• Huffy Rider
Santos
« on: January 03, 2009, 07:02:07 PM »
Hi all!  We are going to Santos for the first time next weekend . Our group is mostly C in ability . We can ride most of the blue stuff at Boyette , black stuff no way for now . Any suggestions on a route we can take that will be fun but not get us into trouble ?  Thanks in advance all.......brad 

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Re: Santos
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »
You should be fine on all of the yellow and blues at Santos. The red trails are significantly more challenging than anything that you would find at Boyette. You should find miles and miles of awesome trails there. Enjoy!

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 08:00:04 PM »
Cowbone, Canopy, Marshmellow, and Dr Ruth are all good intermediate trails. There are a few optional lines on each trail that you could try if you like to push your abilities some. There is a real good pit on Marshmellow that is fun to play in.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline Robert Lucio

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 09:05:20 PM »
I would also look at the 49th avenue trail head and Nayl's trail. 

I think it offers a nice mix of cross country type stuff and a few more challenging sections.  And certainly not as rocky as the main santos trailhead.

http://omba.org/index.php/Trailhead-Locations.html

Anthem1

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 09:28:54 PM »
I second jelloseed's suggestion, check out nayls trail by starting at the 49th street trail head. It's abot a 8 mile loop that is just fun, fast and flowy. Then I would drive over to the Main parking area and hit some stuff on that side like Dr.Ruth, Cowbone, Sink hole and after you get warmed up check out rattle snake ridge and jon brown, take your time on those last two they are challenging but you should be good :)

Offline bradluke0

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 10:39:47 AM »
Hi all !  Thanks for the info guys. We are heading up early Saturday morning and are planning on staying the day . I sometimes it's tough when you have a mixed group like we do of all different abilities . We really try to make sure everyone rides a little " under " their heads instead of forcing the newer riders to ride over their heads . Thanks again all.........brad 

Anthem1

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 12:11:16 PM »
In response to my recomendations of Jon Brown, try rattle Snake Ridge first, if all is good continue on as Rattle Snake feeds you into JB. If not you can detour JB, have fun :)

Offline bradluke0

• Huffy Rider
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 01:39:36 PM »
Hi all ! Well we rode at santos yesterday . Rode dr ruth , bunny , twister ,cow bone , marshmallo and some of pine tree . Some of the sections were walked by the least experienced in our group . Didnt even attempt the harder trails ,would have been too much for them . We had a great time and will be back in a week or two . Thanks again for all the great feedback......brad   

Advertisement: