Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Dec. 21, 2012  (Read 3992 times)

Offline JohnnyB

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Single Track Mind
  • My Bike: '06 Kona Coiler
Dec. 21, 2012
« on: January 08, 2009, 02:22:03 PM »
I'm sure you have heard about this date.  Its the date the Mayan Calander ends, the same date many chosen by many "see'ers" to be the date the world comes to an end.  Recently, science has discovered a black hole in the MilkyWay that was foretold by the Mayans many years ago.  Which scientist claim could potentially cause a violent shift of the poles, envoking major Earthquakes, Tsunami's, etc, etc.

Anyone a believer?  :-X
FrAnKenBiKe V2.0 - Payed Forward

http://bikesboardsandbeer.blogspot.com/

Offline Triple T

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
  • Balloon Knot Cycling
  • My Bike: Likes to pose in the parking lot.
Re: Dec. 21, 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:29:31 PM »
Sounds like a good excuse to justify the expense of a new bike.  ;D
Ibis Mojo SL-23.81 lbs.
Ibis Tranny-20.75 lbs.

Online BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 02:31:18 PM »
Sounds like a good excuse to justify the expense of a new bike.  ;D

I'm tapping into my 401k right now..Mojo SL's all around :)

Actually, I do find all this stuff interesting reading in an entertainment sort of way.
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Anthem1

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 02:33:24 PM »
I am sticking with the Revelation version, if those Mayans were so smart why ain't they postin up :)

Offline richardo

• Amateur Billy Goat
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 02:42:27 PM »
I always thought that the Mayans believed in "cycles" of the earth and that Dec. 21, 2012 was simply the end of whatever cycle we are currently on.

As stated, if they were so awesome at predicting things why aren't they still around to tell us the winning lottery numbers or something useful.

naked indian

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 03:07:21 PM »
I'm sure you have heard about this date.  Its the date the Mayan Calander ends, the same date many chosen by many "see'ers" to be the date the world comes to an end.  Recently, science has discovered a black hole in the MilkyWay that was foretold by the Mayans many years ago.  Which scientist claim could potentially cause a violent shift of the poles, envoking major Earthquakes, Tsunami's, etc, etc.

Anyone a believer?  :-X

Depends on your definition.
Will the earth explode, NO.

Will  Humans be around?  Heck were just an asteroid away from being extinct...

Offline JohnnyB

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Single Track Mind
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 03:22:29 PM »
I always thought that the Mayans believed in "cycles" of the earth and that Dec. 21, 2012 was simply the end of whatever cycle we are currently on.

As stated, if they were so awesome at predicting things why aren't they still around to tell us the winning lottery numbers or something useful.

I think you're right about the cycle belief, but I believe their calander continued through the cycles, and just abruptly ends on the said date in 2012.

Also, if memory serves me right, Edgar Cayce predicted a similar date.  The chinese I Ching also stops on the same date.  The specific date has been recorded throughout history by different people, in different places at different times.

Even Einstein had mentioned that the poles have shifted in the passed.  Could this be the date it happens again?

Offline benjibbad

• Ninja Master Cyclist
    • MY Space
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 03:23:31 PM »
I don't know if any one follows nostradamus but he also predicted this event in 2012. But in his assessment it wasn't the end of times but the second coming.  let the Y2K12 hysteria begin!!
Pedal fast, Hit hard - pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars!!

Check out the Blog:
http://scifdps.blogspot.com/

Online BillT

• INCONCEIVABLE
  • Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Intense Uzzi VPX w/ 'Slacker' dropouts
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »
Has anyone ever cared about a prediction that the world would continue? or that this year will be a less than active year for hurricanes?
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 03:25:18 PM »
just in case I'm gonna party like a rockstar that day. Blunts, bitches, and 40's for everyone! 8)

Hope that doesn't offend anyone. ;)
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

naked indian

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 03:29:27 PM »
just in case I'm gonna party like a rockstar that day. Blunts, bitches, and 40's for everyone! 8)

Hope that doesn't offend anyone. ;)

WORD..

Just be advised all, and everyone, the Earth does not need us to continue.....Humans as a species have a higher probability of not existing eventually then continuing to exist... Its just the reality of it all...None of us will get to find out what happens, unless of course you believe in reincarnation...

Offline JohnnyB

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Single Track Mind
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 03:35:18 PM »
I agree with you Los.  The end of the world isn't that...it's just the end of life on Earth, for most species anyways.

Also, I heard something about Yellowstone Natl Park...some link between it and weather or volcanic activity.  Anyone heard about that?

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 03:44:30 PM »
Well I am building a time machine right now, I been designing it since grade school and came up with a prototype couple of years ago and sent a mice to a diffeent dimension. So I am hoping it will be 100% operational before the apocalyptic talks you guys mentioned of course the only thing I will be bringing is my bike which I think needs to be non-metallic in nature so it will not disrupt the flux capacitor which powered the whole machine.

Thus my problem right now is how to come up with a design of non-metallic bike material which can withstand at least a 5 ft drop. I do not know where will be my destination since the mice I sent has not come back yet.

At the end of the day, I will be out of this dimension before the world ends and continue my pursuit of riding my bike whenever and wherever.

Peace.

morisson

Offline benjibbad

• Ninja Master Cyclist
    • MY Space
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 03:58:02 PM »
Well I am building a time machine right now, I been designing it since grade school and came up with a prototype couple of years ago and sent a mice to a diffeent dimension. So I am hoping it will be 100% operational before the apocalyptic talks you guys mentioned of course the only thing I will be bringing is my bike which I think needs to be non-metallic in nature so it will not disrupt the flux capacitor which powered the whole machine.

Thus my problem right now is how to come up with a design of non-metallic bike material which can withstand at least a 5 ft drop. I do not know where will be my destination since the mice I sent has not come back yet.

At the end of the day, I will be out of this dimension before the world ends and continue my pursuit of riding my bike whenever and wherever.

Peace.

morisson

I think this will work for ya http://www.calfeedesign.com/bamboo.htm
Pedal fast, Hit hard - pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars!!

Check out the Blog:
http://scifdps.blogspot.com/

naked indian

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 03:58:26 PM »

Peace.

morisson

LMAO!!!!!  I think you sent them back to the past into your blog which has not been updated since the 2008! 

Advertisement: