Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: WTA 50; Gary rocks  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Rockhopper

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
WTA 50; Gary rocks
« on: January 10, 2009, 05:31:37 PM »
Three cheers for Gary for putting on a stellar second annual WTA 50. He ordered up perfect weather and a clean track for the second year in a row. It was also inspirational to see him push through to the end just a few months after his big crash.

Also a big thanks to the Swampers who helped push my wife through her first 50 miler. I guess I should expect nothing less from such a cool group of folks. She's very happy to have finished. Thank you.

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
Re: WTA 50; Gary rocks
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 09:04:08 PM »
I agree. Garry great job. Everyone had fun, and you no doubt slept hard last night. For a guy with a broken back you were riding really strong!

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
Re: WTA 50; Gary rocks
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 10:22:41 PM »
I agree. Garry great job. Everyone had fun, and you no doubt slept hard last night. For a guy with a broken back you were riding really strong!

Thanks Gregg and Graham,
It was fun to put on, and everyone seemed to enjoy it.  Hah!  I was like a kid in a candy shop being on the bike again and riding like I used to.  But it caught up to me around mile 45 and I only made it to 48.65 miles.  That works though as folks were telling me to just do one lap.  As it turned out the first lap was a warm up.   ;)  Cleaning the bike today I discovered two cracks in the frame, so wish me luck at the LBS tomorrow!

Advertisement: