Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Jr Swampers  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Jim DeLuca

• Cycling Sherpa
Jr Swampers
« on: January 16, 2009, 07:55:57 PM »
I would like to suggest we start a program within the club for youths kinda like scout mountain bikers. This has been an idea I have been
thinking about, but don't know if it would generate interest. Please respond if your child or children would be interested. We have the
youth ride now for the kids, but could put together more activities, such as clinics, guided rides, and trail work days. I always see
pockets of kids on adult rides and on work days, and it would be great if they had there own group. I will submit a proposal to the board if
there is enough interest.

Offline Chris K

• Trips For Kids Tampa
  • Amateur Billy Goat
    • TFK Tampa
Re: Jr Swampers
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »
Jim,

You can count on me to help.  When I email you later this week with the info for TFK I will share some of the stuff I have put together that would help you put together a program for the jr swampers.  TFK has given me access to a ton of resources to help put a program together for kids.  Everything from how to put together a ride agenda, emergency action plans to fun games for the kids to play while on the rides and lots of other things you are going to need to be able to responsibly work with a large group of kids.
Trips For Kids Tampa- Mountain bike outings and educational opportunities for "at risk" kids www.mtbyouthride.org

Advertisement: