SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 09:11:42 AM] Scott: After you get comfortable doing standard pushups, try them with your toes on a balance ball. Great core and balance tie in.

[Today at 09:15:51 AM] FACTORe: yea - scott - I have a balance board and ball

[Today at 09:16:47 AM] FACTORe: I can do renagade rows with the balance board now with 20 pounders

[Today at 09:16:51 AM] FACTORe: that took a little time 

[Today at 09:16:59 AM] FACTORe: but can't do 1 pull-up

[Today at 09:17:14 AM] Scott: Those balls are great, you can get a great workout/stretch/balance routine

[Today at 09:17:49 AM] Scott: start with reverse grip and work your way up Fe, it will come fast

[Today at 09:18:50 AM] Scott: ask the Mrs. to assist you by giving a slight lift of your feet

[Today at 09:25:37 AM] FACTORe: I will try that

[Today at 09:25:46 AM] FACTORe: losing more weight will help too

[Today at 09:25:47 AM] FACTORe: lol

[Today at 09:26:00 AM] FACTORe: p90x should start to help with the sgred process

Advanced search  

News:

SWAMP Forums are available to anyone who wants to join in, register now for free by clicking the register link near the top of this page. Registered guests who login have access to additional boards and topics. Please note that all official SWAMP club communications still come from the Yahoo! e-group.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: SS advice  (Read 1608 times)

StonePony

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
Re: SS advice
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 11:04:37 AM »
Why not buy jmdeluca05's redline ss29er ::) ::) ::)

Right the price is right! AND I have even heard of people making these mono coggs into poly coggs with the right modifications.
Very true, I have been looking at some reviews of that bike and there are a lot of fans out there, so it's certainly a possibility.  And, at that price point my wife probably wouldn't try to garrote me in my sleep either.   ;)

I've been riding my RL Monocog for over a year and beat the snot out of it though it is not the lightest. So far the major upgrades are from rim brakes to BB7 and purchased used lighter wheelset.
I only paid same amount, used, as jmdeluca05 offered and lovin it.

I have a 2006 monocog SS 26 inch, beautiful bike, gets lots of double takes, that I raced and rode all over the place, only upgrade I did was new rear wheel the rest is stock.  After 3 years still going strong,now its been handed down to my son and he loves it.
Neither of you guys felt the need/urge to put a shock on the front?   :)

naked indian

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2009, 11:12:45 AM »

I like the efficiency of and the mechanical simplicity of a rigid bike.  Plus I pride myself on my skills of control and finesse.  Regardless, the bike can take a shock,  It would be an easy upgrade.  With a 29er, playing with your tire pressure you can get some Kush out of it.  IM a die hard though, I like to train hard and ride hard, and I like to keep it simple.  Not everyone seeks the same things out of their ride experience as I do, and my philosophy is to each his own.

Dave In Odessa

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 11:15:37 AM »
Yeah, don't knock rigid until you've tried it.  its cheaper and easier to buy a rigid and then upgrade the fork later if you feel the need.  After having ridden my rigid SS 29er for 8 months or so, I'd go geared before I put a fork on it.  I love SS, but those new trails at Boyette sure are tough on a SS.
07 Redline Monocog Flight 29'er 1x9 (The Snot Rocket)
07 Iron Horse Warrior 1.3 (The One That Started It All)

treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • SWAMPer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 11:19:04 AM »

Sometimes during an "aw sh**" moments but we don't have a long rocky downhill in Florida so its good and does not happen often.
But it does beat your body when you try to keep up with the fast mofo.

StonePony

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2009, 11:24:38 AM »

I like the efficiency of and the mechanical simplicity of a rigid bike.  Plus I pride myself on my skills of control and finesse.  Regardless, the bike can take a shock,  It would be an easy upgrade.  With a 29er, playing with your tire pressure you can get some Kush out of it.  IM a die hard though, I like to train hard and ride hard, and I like to keep it simple.  Not everyone seeks the same things out of their ride experience as I do, and my philosophy is to each his own.
Ok, thanks, good thoughts -- I like your approach.  I saw you out at Croom a few weeks back listening to classical music while you were riding, so I know you've got your game dialed in.   :)

StonePony

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2009, 11:25:34 AM »

Sometimes during an "aw sh**" moments but we don't have a long rocky downhill in Florida so its good and does not happen often.
But it does beat your body when you try to keep up with the fast mofo.
LOL.  :)

SandPine

• Ride Guide
  • Yellow Jersey
  • SS Bender
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2009, 08:44:04 PM »
Ok, thanks, good thoughts -- I like your approach.  I saw you out at Croom a few weeks back listening to classical music while you were riding, so I know you've got your game dialed in.   :)
Listening to what??  No, that is not the NakedOne... Maybe some 80's rap but not classical...   ;D

StonePony

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2009, 08:52:08 PM »
Listening to what??  No, that is not the NakedOne... Maybe some 80's rap but not classical...   ;D
I don't know....I think maybe the NakedOne is a little bit more musically advanced than is generally known.  He'll have to verify though, as I suppose it's possible that it was a different guy who just happened to look exactly like him... ;)

naked indian

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2009, 09:05:53 PM »
I don't know....I think maybe the NakedOne is a little bit more musically advanced than is generally known.  He'll have to verify though, as I suppose it's possible that it was a different guy who just happened to look exactly like him... ;)

No, it was prolly me.  I got 500 songs on my music selection, everything is on there.  I sometimes dont even know what will come on so as to keep me interested in super long 15 hour plus epics...  So ya... I doubt there are two many Naked Indian looking fellows out there.  If I was at croom I was prolly with my lady and Mike as well.

StonePony

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2009, 09:17:19 PM »
No, it was prolly me.  I got 500 songs on my music selection, everything is on there.  I sometimes dont even know what will come on so as to keep me interested in super long 15 hour plus epics...  So ya... I doubt there are two many Naked Indian looking fellows out there.  If I was at croom I was prolly with my lady and Mike as well.
Affirmative.  Interesting on the music thing -- sometimes I like to metal shop it while I ride, and sometimes (which is a big reason I like Croom) I like to stop every 10 minutes and listen to the wind and wildlife.  I'll actually get pissed if I hear a jet flying way off in the distance which wrecks the hole thing.  LOL.  I probably need some kind of counseling...

naked indian

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2009, 09:26:46 PM »
Affirmative.  Interesting on the music thing -- sometimes I like to metal shop it while I ride, and sometimes (which is a big reason I like Croom) I like to stop every 10 minutes and listen to the wind and wildlife.  I'll actually get pissed if I hear a jet flying way off in the distance which wrecks the hole thing.  LOL.  I probably need some kind of counseling...

very true, ride long enough and you get tired of the music as well.  And you just want to hear the nature.  I feel ya man Im in the same boat at times.  Riding through the Ocala National Forest, near the bombing range we could hear and see jet fighters everytime we got close to that area of the forest, totally killed the mood.

StonePony

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 08:44:25 AM »
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on this -- I met jmdeluca05 last night at Morris Bridge and took the Redline out for a spin and decided to buy it.  Real fun ride and can't beat the price.  Looking forward to getting it out at Croom in the next day or two.

naked indian

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 09:32:38 AM »
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on this -- I met jmdeluca05 last night at Morris Bridge and took the Redline out for a spin and decided to buy it.  Real fun ride and can't beat the price.  Looking forward to getting it out at Croom in the next day or two.

Good choice, a red line is a bike you can keep forever!  I got a redline 29 on lay away for my wife hope to get it out soon for her and then  no more lil wheels for her.

StonePony

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 10:28:14 AM »

Good choice, a red line is a bike you can keep forever!  I got a redline 29 on lay away for my wife hope to get it out soon for her and then  no more lil wheels for her.
Yeah, it really kind of amazed me -- it doesn't look/feel like a bike that would sell at a $450 or whatever it is MSRP price-point.  Felt great on the trail.  Anyway, very happy with it so far and now I'm stocked up pretty good on the bike front: Cannondale Scalpel as the XC race type bike, Cannondale R3000 for road, and the Redline for SS fun & games.  Only other bike I might like to add to the arsenal would be some kind of FS all-mountain with a lot of travel for those long all-day type technical marathons.  I do have a Specialized FSR Enduro in storage up north, but that one might be getting a little long in the tooth...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.587 seconds with 19 queries.