SWAMP Mountain Bike Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 02:56:38 PM] Darrinw2001: now now Fe.. T-bow is not a blowhard like most... 

[Today at 02:58:33 PM] FACTORe: I know

[Today at 02:58:42 PM] FACTORe: he is great

[Today at 02:59:00 PM] FACTORe: I will be glad when he is gone so the Tigers don't hav to face him any more

[Today at 02:59:16 PM] FACTORe: Tebow or Urban Myer have never won at Tiger stadium - let's keep it that way

[Today at 03:01:52 PM] mksandoz: tebow sucks

[Today at 03:02:17 PM] mksandoz: if i could kill 1 person in this world

[Today at 03:02:21 PM] mksandoz: it would be jdk

[Today at 03:02:24 PM] mksandoz: THEN tebow

[Today at 03:03:12 PM] Coach: that would be TWO people.

[Today at 03:03:19 PM] mksandoz: 1 = 2

[Today at 03:03:33 PM] Coach: 2 is the new 1

Advanced search  

News:

Thank You for participating in our Forums!  You add character to our site!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: First ride on clipless. You'll never guess what happend.  (Read 1486 times)

Crash

• Forum Newbie
Re: First ride on clipless. You'll never guess what happend.
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 06:56:24 PM »
Im relatively new to clipless as well. I've done everything from the aforementioned goat syndrome to wheelie practice,(mostly in the parking lots) but I wouldn't go back to platforms if someone paid me.

Harvey

• Ride Guide
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
I'm talking about if you're riding the north blue from #1.
Ok, thanks -- got it.  I'll see if I can get out this week and check it out.  I may have ridden it -- I hit a few hard/easy choices in the pits neighborhood, just don't remember which side of the pits I was on .... one was called heartbreak something or other I think, and another was kind of a ledge thing that was called "lefty's demise" or something like that where if you're not paying attention you get the privilege of sliding/tumbling down into a wooded-over phosphate mining pit   :)  Some cool stuff in that part of Croom.
Those trails are all in the "big pits" between the 8 and 12 mile bailouts. Drunken Monkey is a couple of miles before you get to those, before the 8 mile bailout. It's a really fun section.

StonePony

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 01:16:16 PM »
I'm talking about if you're riding the north blue from #1.
Ok, thanks -- got it.  I'll see if I can get out this week and check it out.  I may have ridden it -- I hit a few hard/easy choices in the pits neighborhood, just don't remember which side of the pits I was on .... one was called heartbreak something or other I think, and another was kind of a ledge thing that was called "lefty's demise" or something like that where if you're not paying attention you get the privilege of sliding/tumbling down into a wooded-over phosphate mining pit   :)  Some cool stuff in that part of Croom.
Those trails are all in the "big pits" between the 8 and 12 mile bailouts. Drunken Monkey is a couple of miles before you get to those, before the 8 mile bailout. It's a really fun section.
Thanks Harvey.  I'm going to ride Morris Bridge later this afternoon, but I'll try and get over to Croom tomorrow and check it out.

LTS guy

• SWAMPer
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • VIVA LA LTS!!!!!!
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 05:40:43 PM »
Im relatively new to clipless as well. I've done everything from the aforementioned goat syndrome to wheelie practice,(mostly in the parking lots) but I wouldn't go back to platforms if someone paid me.

yes you would.

If I had a billion dollars and I signed and agreement, that you would never ride a bike in clipless pedals again, you could have my money you'd swear off clipless forever.

and you'd be better for it.
[size=10pt]

VIVA LA PLATFORM!!!!!!!
[/size]
[/color][/color]
When you ride so far out that you hear no traffic, no people...nothing..

zen.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
« previous next »

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 18 queries.