Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Need volunteers for Gasparilla Distance Classic weekend  (Read 840 times)

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Need volunteers for Gasparilla Distance Classic weekend
« on: February 02, 2009, 09:23:23 AM »
Since it seems a lot of you are running for training, fun or to stay in shape this may be something you might enjoy.   Please contact Michelle directly and tell her Marcel (her co-worker) told you about it... I don't get any brownie points or anything just so she knows I posted it on our club's forum.  Thanks.

From: Michelle <moimem60 (at) tampabay (dot) rr (dot) com>
To: Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 12:21:45 PM
Subject: Need Volunteers for Gasparilla Distance Classic weekend

Hi!
It's that time again for Gasparilla Distance Classic.  This year I need to find 20 volunteers for Saturday and 20 for Sunday (our Sunday water stop captain got laid off so I'm it!).  So far I have about 7 people for Saturday and only a couple for Sunday.  Kay and I aren't running on Saturday so we'll be at the water stop on Saturday.  We're running on Sunday so I really could use the help on Sunday.  But if you can volunteer for either day, I'd be ever grateful!  You'll get free breakfast on Saturday, free breakfast and lunch on Sunday and a spiffy t-shirt.  The big weekend is February 28, March 1st.  If you'd like to volunteer, send me your t-shirt size (by Monday please).  If you know of anyone else who might like to help, forward them this information.  I don't have all the details but usually we gather on Saturday about 6:30 am to set things up.  And it's a 6 am start on Sunday.  We also will provide community service letters to students who might need them for work!

if you have any questions, please give me a ring at xxx-xxx-xxxx or email me back!

Thanks
Michelle

Advertisement: