Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: croom 85  (Read 2465 times)

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
  • team - independent self supported
croom 85
« on: February 04, 2009, 09:36:53 AM »
is there still talk of a group going out and riding 35 miles before the croom 50?

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
Re: croom 85
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 09:38:57 AM »
That talk was probably from TL and I.  Given the current state of my life affairs and time I am able to get to the start, I may only do 65 miles that day.  Start with one lap on yellow loop to warm up and then go out with the masses on the 50.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 09:42:15 AM »
That talk was probably from TL and I.  Given the current state of my life affairs and time I am able to get to the start, I may only do 65 miles that day.  Start with one lap on yellow loop to warm up and then go out with the masses on the 50.

PM me and let me know - I will do the xtra milage with you guys

Offline J. Ryan

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 09:58:21 AM »
I wouldn't mind doing the extra mileage with y'all but I'm pretty sure I'd get dropped.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 09:59:23 AM »
with that fancy new carbon bike?

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 10:34:13 AM »
well my plan will be to get there at 6:30 and suit up for a 7am start on the yellow loop.  Get back and register and go out with the masses by 8:30am on the 50.  I plan on doing the yellow loop counterclockwise so I don't get in the way of anyone starting earlier then 8am on the normal route.  Anyone is more then welcome to join (at your own risk) to do the early warm up lap.  No 85 for me though.

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 10:46:56 AM »
well my plan will be to get there at 6:30 and suit up for a 7am start on the yellow loop.  Get back and register and go out with the masses by 8:30am on the 50.  I plan on doing the yellow loop counterclockwise so I don't get in the way of anyone starting earlier then 8am on the normal route.  Anyone is more then welcome to join (at your own risk) to do the early warm up lap.  No 85 for me though.

I will be happy with 65 - SP you doing SS or geared?

I am 1x9 now

Offline Marcel Aguirre

• Yellow Jersey
  • I'llUseYou4SandBags
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 11:12:24 AM »
i may not have to time to convert my redline to 1x9 by then unless I leave it for AJ's to do.  So SS on the Opti it is.  I rode it last night with all the Carter dust on it still.  That thing never complained and doesn't even asked to be cleaned.  But that ride last night sure hurt.  Flatwoods is super rooty compare to Carter...oh well 85 will hurt be bad next weekend.  I will be in Orlando all weekend and training/working all next week with no more riding time till Croom...  I may DNF Croom....  :D

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 11:37:46 AM »
i may not have to time to convert my redline to 1x9 by then unless I leave it for AJ's to do.  So SS on the Opti it is.  I rode it last night with all the Carter dust on it still.  That thing never complained and doesn't even asked to be cleaned.  But that ride last night sure hurt.  Flatwoods is super rooty compare to Carter...oh well 85 will hurt be bad next weekend.  I will be in Orlando all weekend and training/working all next week with no more riding time till Croom...  I may DNF Croom....  :D

I have DNFed Croom 100% of my tries so far (2 times)

Offline Big Hooper

• Cycling Sherpa
  • My Bike: SIR9. One bike, one gear
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 11:55:14 AM »

whaa happen?
wherever you go.....there you are.
Just a big Hooper!

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 12:09:13 PM »

whaa happen?

the first year I had only been riding for 3-4 months (I am still a newbie to mtbing) then second year I was coming off of shingles and hadn't been on a bike for almost 3 months

this is my third year of riding and I think I will be ok

Offline Big Hooper

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 12:18:51 PM »
Im sure you will make it. You made Felasco.
Just a big Hooper!

Anthem1

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 12:20:06 PM »
Hey, is Mikey still doing this ride?

Offline FACTORe

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 02:03:29 PM »

I am not worried this year at all - I had flukes happen in the past

Offline Big Hooper

• Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 03:22:36 PM »

I am not worried this year at all - I had flukes happen in the past
Yeah after riding with you and listening to your advice on drinking water and pace and such, was shocked to see that you DNFd the croom twice. Flukes for sure
Just a big Hooper!

Advertisement: