Shout Box

[History] [Commands]

[Today at 03:42:54 PM] aaron1017: http://www.assignmentx.com/2013/fresh-clip-check-out-the-syfy-sharknado-teaser-trailer/

[Today at 03:38:39 PM] ProEdgeBiker: wrong cycling

[Today at 03:37:37 PM] ProEdgeBiker: Dear Sir/ Madam,   Hope all doing well with you.  Our company ASAD INTERNATIONAL  based in Sialkot Pakistan. We manufacturer  all kinds of Cycling & sports items such as Gloves, shirts, jackets etc.. Please visit our website www.abintl.net for more detail

[Today at 03:36:56 PM] fannypak: Get your rain gear Alan.

[Today at 03:34:08 PM] ProEdgeBiker: FW must be flooded

[Today at 03:31:01 PM] Alan: you should, aaron

[Today at 03:30:51 PM] Alan: snot looking too good :( http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/weather/klystron-9-radar.map.html/Hillsborough.html

[Today at 03:30:14 PM] aaron1017: should i take off Friday?

[Today at 03:29:38 PM] Alan: dunno...will determine in about an hour

[Today at 03:29:14 PM] Murf: or worse shrink 

[Today at 03:29:07 PM] Murf: no he will melt 

[Today at 03:28:44 PM] aaron1017: gonna risk it tonight alan?

Author Topic: Alafia Trail Conditions  (Read 7864 times)

Offline Forum Manager

• Administrator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Use the big ring!
    • SWAMP Mountain Bike Club
Alafia Trail Conditions
« on: July 23, 2006, 11:45:18 PM »
the north creek trail was clean and dry. the new addition bridge is working well. it was a little damp where north creek ends and river loop begins, however, river loop appears to be drying out.

dave d.
Are you a SWAMP Mountain Bike Club member? Ride Guide?
If so, use the Personal Message link to the left, under my name, to send me a PM about upgrading your forum account to SWAMPer or Ride Guide!
Please remember to include your first and last name and when or how you joined SWAMP.

Offline 1mutthead

• First Bike
Current Alafia Trail Conditions
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
Due the the lack of rain, areas at Alafia that usually get sandy are sandy!  If you have'nt rode River Loop or Rock Garden lately, nows the time to ride them.  The River Loop is a little sandy from the entrance to the entrance of the Rock Garden but after that it's hard packed and dry.  I forgot how much fun it was to ride it hard and fast, it's a good workout.  The entrance to Rollercoaster thru the oaks is sandy but the RC is in good shape.  Bridges is in good shape and there is a few sandy areas on the North Creek Trail.  Did'nt make it to Moonscape.
Ride to Live...Live to Ride!

Offline treadlight

• Pinoy MTBer
  • Yellow Jersey
  • I love my bike and bike loves me.
    • Pinoy MTBer
  • My Bike: Redline Monocog, Niner Air9, Niner One9
Re: Alafia Trail Conditions
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 04:57:50 PM »
April 8, 2007 (11am)
Overall the trails are in good shape. Gatorback is still close. River Loop, Rock Garden, North Creek, Rollercoaster, Rabbit Ears and Moonscape are in good shape. Very sandy on some spots of Loop at Rock Garden before crossing to Frank's Loop.

Offline Alan

• Yellow Jersey
  • My Bike: Monolog, Bruce LeeRoy
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 02:19:23 PM »
Is it still in good shape after all this rain?

Offline Peresite70

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • Favorite Trail: Alafia - Moonscape, Boyette - Ridgeline
  • My Bike: 2013 Specialized Carbon Stumpjumper EVO, 2012 Giant Trance X1
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 08:41:01 AM »
I rode there yesterday 08-01-12 and went only on North Creek and Rollercoaster and they both had a couple little wet spots, but they weren't bad at all...
When you see me on a post "PLEASE SMITE ME"

Offline Big-E

• Hammers are now sponsored by the SHOUT BOX!
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: 2002 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 08:49:30 AM »
I rode there yesterday 08-01-12 and went only on North Creek and Rollercoaster and they both had a couple little wet spots, but they weren't bad at all...

No Slick clay?

Offline PoserLowroad

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Clipless Mountain Goat
  • My Bike: Giant Trace X frame with a bunch of weight weenie parts bolted to it.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 11:11:45 PM »
North Creek was in great shape today. Wow has someone been doing a lot of work to make it flow better. One wet spot towards
the end.

Did managed to go OTB on Poop Loop and called it a day

Offline AlwaysGoForward

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: MagicIsland
  • My Bike: Specialized SJ 29er
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 10:59:57 AM »
 Thanks much for your appreciative comments. Since becoming the new Alafia trail boss and together with many dedicated volunteers, the first effort is making the long required improvements returning the condition our intermediate trails (NorthCreek, Bridges and Rollercoaster main loop) back to the fun and flowing design of their origin. You can also thank the hard work of our NorthCreek Adapt-a-Trail volunteer (Karl Kollmeier), Cinzia Duncan (tool powerhouse) and Alicia Diem (many days of SandPine power trimming) for their persistent trail maintenance.

Feedback comments and criticisms are most welcome – regardless of whether or not you volunteer.
 Jeff White

Offline Peresite70

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 11:50:55 AM »
North Creek was in great shape today. Wow has someone been doing a lot of work to make it flow better. One wet spot towards
the end.

Actually on the 2nd part of the Rollercoaster where the clay usually gets slick, it wasn't bad at all... I'm sure if the rain stays away it should be great for this weekend..

Offline Peresite70

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »
the end.

Actually on the 2nd part of the Rollercoaster where the clay usually gets slick, it wasn't bad at all... I'm sure if the rain stays away it should be great for this weekend..

All the great work that you guys put in on the trails out at Alafia is greatly appreciated... The begining areas of Rollercoaster are definitely a major improvement!! It has a really great flow to it now... Hopefully on the next work day I'll be able to join in and help out with some of the work load...  :D

Offline natzx7

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: 2008 GT Force, 2012 Redline 29er
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 05:45:16 PM »
Roller coaster if running awesome with the new work , it's really fast all through the beginning now. Nice work guys! Has anyone been on the easy trails , River Loop etc? I'm heading there this weekend and my wife rides the easy loop, but 2 weeks ago it was so wet she lost her shoe in the mud ( lol ) . Just wondered if they would be rideable. Its nice to take her to Alafia so we can ride seperatly. thanks

Offline AlwaysGoForward

• Amateur Billy Goat
  • Favorite Trail: MagicIsland
  • My Bike: Specialized SJ 29er
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 08:27:39 PM »
Nearly finished with maintenance on North Creek today - most of it is back to intermediate level - as designed many years ago. Completion by the end of next week. It is fast & flows. Unless you like mud, avoid River Loop's SE loop anytime during the monsoon season. But, Sand Pine is nearing power trimmer completion, so there are no blind spots and you can go really fast. Nothing has been done with Rock Garden yet, but the trail in in fair shape. There is so much maintenance to do... drainage control problems everywhere (sand & mud holes) causing trails to erode away.

Pay attention to North Creek's drainage control (e.g. "rolling grade dips") with all the other changes and you can imagine the work needed elsewhere. Enjoy all your riding days. Alafia is a great bike park, and getting better every week.
Jeff White (new trail boss)

Offline natzx7

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Huffy Rider
  • My Bike: 2008 GT Force, 2012 Redline 29er
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2012, 09:04:54 PM »
Thanks for the report!

Offline chisel

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 07:13:01 AM »
good job out there. things were riding very nicely last week and i look forward to more improvements! 8)

Offline Peresite70

• Clipless Mountain Goat
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »
 All the work the has been done on North Creek is definitely a major improvement... And great job on the turn that you guys built up that was always flooding, you can tell that some serious time was put into that to build it up...  8) 8)