Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Looking for support at the 12 Hour  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Harvey

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
Looking for support at the 12 Hour
« on: February 05, 2009, 10:51:33 AM »
I'm looking for a couple of willing bodies to support my team at the 12 Hours of Santos. "Team" means 3 solo riders from the IF Racing MTB team: myself, our elite pro Harlan Price and singlespeeder Mark Elsasser. Both of these guys are from Philadelphia and are great guys. Basically we'd need bottle and food hand-ups to keep us rolling, mechanical assistance if necessary and help transitioning into the night laps. I'll have a full pit setup including shelter, tools and a workstand. I'm not in a position to offer much in the way of compensation (unless we load up the podium) besides the excitement of rubbing elbows with MTB royalty ::) but we'll help you out with food and gas expenses and promise to have a cooler full of beer. Just don't turn into the "drunk support crew". ;D

If you're not racing but want to come hang out and enjoy the festival atmosphere that surrounds this race, consider helping us out. Thanks!

naked indian

Re: Looking for support at the 12 Hour
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 10:54:42 AM »
I'm looking for a couple of willing bodies to support my team at the 12 Hours of Santos. "Team" means 3 solo riders from the IF Racing MTB team: myself, our elite pro Harlan Price and singlespeeder Mark Elsasser. Both of these guys are from Philadelphia and are great guys. Basically we'd need bottle and food hand-ups to keep us rolling, mechanical assistance if necessary and help transitioning into the night laps. I'll have a full pit setup including shelter, tools and a workstand. I'm not in a position to offer much in the way of compensation (unless we load up the podium) besides the excitement of rubbing elbows with MTB royalty ::) but we'll help you out with food and gas expenses and promise to have a cooler full of beer. Just don't turn into the "drunk support crew". ;D

If you're not racing but want to come hang out and enjoy the festival atmosphere that surrounds this race, consider helping us out. Thanks!

Wish I could, but i will be looking to stop singlespeeder  mark elsasser from winning...LOL...Im cracking myself up here!!

Offline Harvey

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 11:09:25 AM »
LOL, you'd have your work cut out there. He'll kick my * on that SS if I have a bad day.

naked indian

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 11:17:08 AM »
LOL, you'd have your work cut out there. He'll kick my * on that SS if I have a bad day.

LOL.  I have a personal goal of 100 fixed gear miles.  I wont be the only one trying to stop him though.. 

Offline MT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • The rider formerly known as mtbker1224
    • Escape the Daily Grind
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 11:27:05 AM »
Hey Harv,

This sounds like a very cool experience... I'd be more than happy to help out! Let me know if you need me.

Later,

Luis

Offline Harvey

• SWAMP Club Member
  • Cycling Sherpa
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 12:00:58 PM »
That would be great Luis, thanks! I'll comp your skills class entry the next weekend in return. :)

Offline MT

• Clipless Mountain Goat
  • The rider formerly known as mtbker1224
    • Escape the Daily Grind
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 01:21:15 PM »
Very cool Harv! Drop me an email or pm with info leading up to the event.

Advertisement: