Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: WHOS RACING WHAT?  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
  • My Bike: ninER one9 rigid singleSPEED
WHOS RACING WHAT?
« on: December 15, 2006, 07:05:59 PM »
well i guess i want to know who's racing this year and what races is everyone planning on doing?

i am trying to find a teammate or two to do the squiggy this year...anyone interested email me rbriskie at tampabay dot rr dot com.....

just want to have some fun this year

-Bob
the world should ride a rigid singlespeed!

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
Re: WHOS RACING WHAT?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 07:14:56 PM »
What is the Squiggy? Off road? Road? Adventure?

I see now that it is a Morris Bridge race. What time of year does it run and whats the turn-out like? Who puts the race on?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 07:17:41 PM by EllsRider »
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 08:52:17 PM »
the 6 hour mountain bike race...  its really all i know. i found it from looking on swamps page. i know the race is out at flatwoods and its march 10 saturday from 10am to 4pm..

hope that helps.
-Bob

Offline Gregg

• Forum Moderator
  • Yellow Jersey
  • obsessed...............
  • My Bike: A Kouple of Kool Konas....and a new plastic Titus....
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 10:07:23 PM »
Yeah the Squiggy is alot of fun, It is not quite like the races that you have been talking about, Ellsrider, but you would probaly enjoy it.
 I did it last year. I take place primarily in the southeastern section of the Flatwoods loop. Each lap is about 10 miles long. You can have teams of up to 3 people and it lasts 6 hours. While not very technical, it is on the more challenging sections of that park.

Gregg 

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 08:03:20 AM »
Is there a link for the official race, or when are flyers distributed? I'm definately interested. Does the Swamp page link results and news? 
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Garry

• Ride Guide & Club Member
  • Yellow Jersey
    • http://garrybikes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 10:42:52 AM »
Is there a link for the official race, or when are flyers distributed? I'm definately interested. Does the Swamp page link results and news? 

Squiggy Classic - squiggyclassic dot org/
It's a six hour race for 3 person relay teams or solo.  Held on the Morris Bridge trails starting at the picnic area at Hillsborough River and Morris Bridge Rd.  10 mile loop that includes the more technical terrain of Heartbreak Ridge, Indian, and Techno Pig.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 06:26:12 PM »
 ;D
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Forum Manager

• Administrator
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Use the big ring!
    • SWAMP Mountain Bike Club
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 09:45:47 PM »
The 3rd Annual Squiggy Classic 6 Hour Mountain Bike Competition is on March 10, 2007

Information page here.

There is a link to the registration site on that page (if registration is still active when you read this message).
Are you a SWAMP Mountain Bike Club member? Ride Guide?
If so, use the Personal Message link to the left, under my name, to send me a PM about upgrading your forum account to SWAMPer or Ride Guide!
Please remember to include your first and last name and when or how you joined SWAMP.

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 09:20:22 PM »
I would lilke to start a team....and try to get registered early, anyone seriously interested please send me a thread.

rbriskie at tampabay dot rr dot com.

there are a couple of guys out there i wouldn't mind riding with.....thanks

-Bob

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 10:07:14 PM »
How fast of a rider you looking for? Any chance we can link up for a ride at Alafia in the next few weekends, to see if I can cut the mustard so to speak?
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 08:15:19 PM »
Anybody can do the races. There are riders  of all speeds that race. The more you do, the unslower you get.  ;D  Looks like I'll be at Reddick that weekend, the first race in the SERC series and I really want to go up to the mountains next year and do some of these races and see new trails. It's not cast in stone yet, but I'm planning on Reddick. I might try the time trial road race on Saturday. I should be a well established roadie by then. Paid off my road bike today and will get fitted for it next week. Anybody do the ime trial rooad ride last year? Is it one lap around?
" Not this time, Lance"

Offline Ken

• Swampster
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • Ride On!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/keno442
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 09:01:03 PM »
What kind of road bike did you get? I just got a Lemond almost a year ago. An older couple that did triathalons had a pair of Buenos Aries's and donated them to Chainwheel Drive and told them to find a person that they thought would get the most use out of them. Fortunately they picked me for one of them. It's really opened up a whole new world and type of ride for me. It has very low miles and alot of great components on it. Carbon fork. Reynolds 865 steel frame, Shimano 105 brakes and deraileurs, and Rolf Vector wheels. It's not totally state of the art but for my first road bike it's great and the price was right. I really appreciate and can't say enough to Chainwheel for thinking of me for that!!!

Ken
If you don't crash occassionaly, you're not riding hard enough!!

Offline Homer 2-Niner

• Hardtail Monkey
  • Ninja Master Cyclist
  • ride it rigid..
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 10:08:54 PM »
i am definately up for riding at alafia this weekend slowfatguy..LOL  probably not as slow or fat as you think......

bottom line like ellsrider said i just want to have fun. i am new to the riding community in florida, spent most of my days in good ole north carolina..i am just looking to make some more friends laugh at each other and not come in last.

i ride in a high B or low A pace....but i have not ever done an endurance race. only some local sport class racing in north carolina....anyways

anybody looking to race let me know. i have signed up already to do the CROOM 50 miler looking to try and get some long rides in so if i have no team I can do the squiggy solo..  but i would rather do it with a team..i dont think i am up for a solo 6 hour race yet.

i have mentioned it to a couple of other guys....i think gregg and max are going to race as a team maybe i can get good ole ankle killer Beercan in the race too....

talk at you guys later.

-Bob

Offline slowfatguy

• Yellow Jersey
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 12:05:37 AM »
I'm riding the Tour De Felesco with some friends, and we have a team setup for the 12 hour at Reddick. But I'm interested in doing a few other race stuff for some fun. I'm not the fastest, but I won't claim to be the slowest either. I'll be out at Alafia this Saturday with a few friends, but I'll be on my SS as I have to send my fork in for repair as it started pouring oil out this last weekend. I'll probably be riding in the morning, LMK if you want to join in on a modest pace ride.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Offline EllsRider

• Yellow Jersey
  • 813Racing
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 07:10:52 AM »
I'm doing the San Felasco and the 12 hour at Reddick also. Beginner over 125 class. Weather permitting I'll be at Alafia Sat. morning. I drive a bicentennial edition GMC pick up. (translation -1976 old green truck) if you see me  throw a rock at me or something. It would be cool to ride some miles with you at San Felasco. I better start  riding  to get ready for that. I'm thinking maybe  a big fat gel seat  to help get through the day  for that 50 miler.  8)
" Not this time, Lance"

Advertisement: